Boston Crusaders 2023

I’m trying to get excited about the announcement but I’m just not, it seems the design team is so focused on the “ring” that it’s limiting their creative output. I mean, “let’s design a show about the White Whale aka the elusive ring…” just make a good show and if it’s meant to be, then it will happen. But forcing a square into a circle will never work in the end. The man in the announcement video also was an interesting choice.  

White Whale Meaning:  Something that someone pursues obsessively and with little chance of success. 

At least we will hear some Bernstein, that’s my positive take away. 

Edited by Danby510

This will be yet another outstanding show of epic proportions from the Boston Crusaders.  Adding to this amazing concept is a staff which has been working together for 7 years and a talent pool the likes of which BAC has never seen. I can't wait for season to begin!

• Like 3

Ooh. Another literary theme show.  And I have always loved the layers and layers and layers of meaning in Moby Dick.  Tons to work with here other than, "The whale is the championship."

Music selections are great too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Boston, you've piqued my interests...

Elokuva-arvostelu: The Whale näyttää lihavana elämisen inhottavasti ja  vaikuttavasti - Kulttuuri | HS.fi

i hate you for this 🤣

Yeah. that's gonna be a go to meme all summer i think.

5 hours ago, Danby510 said:

I’m trying to get excited about the announcement but I’m just not, it seems the design team is so focused on the “ring” that it’s limiting their creative output. I mean, “let’s design a show about the White Whale aka the elusive ring…” just make a good show and if it’s meant to be, then it will happen.

See your point, but I don’t think it’s fair to boil this theme down to chasing the ring.

Don’t overlook the reasons why Moby Dick is a great fit for a swaggering corps from Massachusetts (with a scrappy underdog history, to boot). The Pequod sets sail from Nantucket, after all. Even if Boston weren’t hungry for a ring (which is their right, either way), this show would make complete sense for this specific corps, its interests and style of late, its aggression, the personality of the guard, etc. It works because it suits them. 

Any corps could do a Moby Dick show. The highly theatrical and art-loving Blue Devils, for example, could essily leap from The Tempest and a show about the color blue to a show about Moby Dick. But you have to admit that for Boston, the idea is uniquely apt, championship hunger or no. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 6