Boston Crusaders 2023

5 minutes ago, musicteacher said:

Not for nothin', Danby. When you when you program "Moby Dick," you teach Herman Melville (as I am sure they will.) Becoming more literate while performing a field show is not the worst thing that could happen.  

Literary themed shows is sort of Boston's thing now.

They need to do a Poe show.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Literary themed shows is sort of Boston's thing now.

They need to do a Poe show.

Quoth the Raven
"Nevermore"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Quoth the Raven
"Nevermore"

Oregon Crusaders 2014  

It was a good show!

• Like 2

In talking with several current BAC members, it is clear that they have multiple goals....they want the Sanford, the Ott, their 4th consecutive Zingali, and yeah, they want to win.  What's wrong with that? For an organization which has survived 83 years, I for one am happy to hear this.  They've never before had anything close to 2000 auditionees in their history,  nor have they ever been a destination corps. Now that is where they find themselves.   Hope they get their White Whale.  

• Like 5

Just now, craiga said:

In talking with several current BAC members, it is clear that they have multiple goals....they want the Sanford, the Ott, their 4th consecutive Zingali, and yeah, they want to win.  What's wrong with that? For an organization which has survived 83 years, I for one am happy to hear this.  They've never before had anything close to 2000 auditionees in their history,  nor have they ever been a destination corps. Now that is where they find themselves.   Hope they get their White Whale.  

To piggy back off of this. Although one of the goals is winning. Thats not the end all be all of the season for the members. These members are more excited to perform the hell outta this show and have a great time. If winning happens it happens. If not I dont think itll ruin anyones season

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

To piggy back off of this. Although one of the goals is winning. Thats not the end all be all of the season for the members. These members are more excited to perform the hell outta this show and have a great time. If winning happens it happens. If not I dont think itll ruin anyones season

To piggyback even more, an illusion in their show to what they’re seeking should not be seen as limiting to what they can do, they have an identity and a history that they’re sticking to and embodying even more with the show they chose to do, I’m sure the marching members are having a great experience putting the show together. Very few outside of the corps have even heard what any of this looks and sounds like on the field yet, a courtesy we should afford to all corps in general. I have not heard any bit of show from any corps, but I am optimistically predicting that many corps are going to come out swinging for the fences for us, the viewing public to enjoy. There’s a lot of effort that needs to take place for all involved to get to that point and I couldn’t be more excited for what Boston, and many others are gonna put on the field this summer👀👀

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Danby510 said:

I’m trying to get excited about the announcement but I’m just not, it seems the design team is so focused on the “ring” that it’s limiting their creative output.  

Chasing rings has never limited the BD creative output.  They've had great success in doing both.  

Edited by TOC
  • Like 8

On 5/5/2023 at 1:19 PM, jjeffeory said:

They're looking for the elusive white whale ( aka DCI ring).

The last time some of this creative team pulled a "we got second last year, so let's allude to that this year," Crown finished in 4th with A Second Chance. 

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Boston might well come in 4th this summer, but if they do, it will have nothing whatsoever to do with Crown a full decade ago.  

• Like 3