Boston Crusaders 2023

22 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Wow...that's a big spread in age. That would be like we're looking for a male 10-40 years old.

The spread in age is relative to the lower end in some regard.  I mean a 12 year old dating an 18 year old should be cause for concern but a 36 year old dating a 42 year old seems fine to most.  

In this case, the qualities they're looking for "weathered seafarer guy" could easily fall within 40-70 year olds. I mean someone who's been on a fishing boat working since 18 will look pretty dang weathered by 40.  Where someone with a different job may take until 70 to look like that...hah!  Whereas a gap of  10-40 means a wider range of appearances because of the rate of growth and aging on human bodies in that span.

21 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I mean a 12 year old dating an 18 year old should be cause for concern 

If i found out that my 12 year old daughter was dating a 18 year old man, by the time they let me out of prison, Elroy Jetsons' grandkids would be aging out of drum corps.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

If i found out that my 12 year old daughter was dating a 18 year old man, by the time they let me out of prison, Elroy Jetsons' grandkids would be aging out of drum corps.

For a Navy man like you, may I suggest a torpedo tube release off a Los Angeles class sub.....?  Or perhaps an arresting cable "mishap" on the Reagan..... 😀  There’s always the hanging from a yard arm for that retro feel.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, craiga said:

For a Navy man like you, may I suggest a torpedo tube release off a Los Angeles class sub.....?  Or perhaps an arresting cable "mishap" on the Reagan..... 😀  There’s always the hanging from a yard arm for that retro feel.

I was a Gunners Mate and Firearms Instructor Military/Civilian, and DM (Designated Marksmen)

That guy being launched out of a torpedo tube would be the least of his worries Lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

The spread in age is relative to the lower end in some regard.  I mean a 12 year old dating an 18 year old should be cause for concern but a 36 year old dating a 42 year old seems fine to most.  

In this case, the qualities they're looking for "weathered seafarer guy" could easily fall within 40-70 year olds. I mean someone who's been on a fishing boat working since 18 will look pretty dang weathered by 40.  Where someone with a different job may take until 70 to look like that...hah!  Whereas a gap of  10-40 means a wider range of appearances because of the rate of growth and aging on human bodies in that span.

I can see that. The guy they got was pretty good. Reminded me of the opening of from John Carpenter's The Fog from early 80's with John Houseman telling a spooky tale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Could have used guys from Wicked Tuna.

• Like 1

What a great video posted by the design team about the show!

• Like 4

I love Ryans "Burn the Ships" shirt in this video. It really encapsulates the thought process for this season. 

• Like 2