Boston Crusaders 2023

18 hours ago, craiga said:

I was born in Rumford and got my degree from U Maine Farmington....small world. 

U of F - Farmington is where my nephew got his degree! Great little campus. Nice Gifford's ice cream in town too!

Hopefully their students go to Boston or to the Spartans!

On 5/12/2023 at 9:18 AM, Terri Schehr said:

You would go crazy down here.  No one is from here. Everyone has a different accent. It kind of drives me nuts.  And there are no hard core Chicago accents like mine.  Chi CAW go. 

Sounds like Vegas!

• Like 1

Will this be Boston's main prop this year??

Pleasure Island's Moby Dick Whale

Are DCI judges doing their due diligence to be culturally informed with all great literature in order to appreciate all the nuance that the designers reference in these shows? I'm re-reading Moby Dick right now in order to be prepared. The 2 popular movies don't do justice to Herman Melville. How many DCI judges have extensive classic literature knowledge since much of academia has de-emphasized the classics in high school and college?

38 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

Are DCI judges doing their due diligence to be culturally informed with all great literature in order to appreciate all the nuance that the designers reference in these shows? I'm re-reading Moby Dick right now in order to be prepared. The 2 popular movies don't do justice to Herman Melville. How many DCI judges have extensive classic literature knowledge since much of academia has de-emphasized the classics in high school and college?

Of course they are up on the classics.  All DCI adjudicators are wicked smaht.

• Like 1

According to the alumni FB page, the truck caravan arrived in Castleton this afternoon.  The props have been constructed and are also there.  Not only that, but Tour Manager Jack Kaplan was pictured smiling!!! It won't be long now....

21 hours ago, denverjohn said:

You would actually be amazed at the background knowledge of the judges. Every DCI judge I've worked with and have met are extremely well rounded and knowledgeable. 

That being said, you can't judge a show in a season for DCI until you've listened to all the corps' source repertoire and you've read the synopsis that the corps provides.