Boston Crusaders 2023

14 hours ago, craiga said:

Hearing from BAC members that the Texas kids are learning the fine art of dressing in layers....it's been down into the upper 30s there at night.

Yeah my Tuba friend is also from San Antonio and he was complaining about the cold too 😆

'Twas another cold night in Vermont, but it looks like the cold is behind them.  The local forecasts are calling for 70s-80s, cloudless skies and no rain now for at least a week.   I'll be heading up there with Max Tuesday morning, and one of us will post updates once there. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, craiga said:

'Twas another cold night in Vermont, but it looks like the cold is behind them.  The local forecasts are calling for 70s-80s, cloudless skies and no rain now for at least a week.   I'll be heading up there with Max Tuesday morning, and one of us will post updates once there. 

I for one can’t wait to read Max’s posts.  

• Haha 2

Castleton Update:

I arrived here midmorning today, and was able to watch some drill learning taking place followed by a music rehearsal conducted by Gino. Vermont had its 7th consecutive day of clear blue skies and sunshine today, and although it has been getting down into the 40s overnight,  the daytime Temps have been 70s and 80s with no humidity to speak of.

The corps has tonight as a free night, so there is no ensemble.  Clearly, they did not know I was coming...lol. 

Anyway, it was one year ago today when I made my much maligned prediction for last year's top 6.  Not going to be a glutton for punishment,  I think I will just boil it down to one thought. The 2023 BAC is superior to the 2022 corps in every tangible way. It's going to be an exciting summer if you're a Boston Crusaders fan. Where they land in August is anyone's guess, but they certainly are moving heaven and earth right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1