Boston Crusaders 2023

On 6/2/2023 at 8:14 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

I have heard LOTS of awesome things coming out of Boston

You have heard right Hook.  They are well ahead of schedule for putting the show on the field.  Kids are having a great time, working hard.  They post daily on instagram with mm interviews.  All the new Saders are loving their time with a relaxed learning atmosphere and the Castleton experience.  The only thing a bit unexpected for kids from TX and southern areas is the cold.  It’s been chilly the past couple of days. But so far everything’s is going well.  Boston should come out strong.  Best wishes to your favorite team.  This is going to be a very good year for all.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

You have heard right Hook.  They are well ahead of schedule for putting the show on the field.  Kids are having a great time, working hard.  They post daily on instagram with mm interviews.  All the new Saders are loving their time with a relaxed learning atmosphere and the Castleton experience.  The only thing a bit unexpected for kids from TX and southern areas is the cold.  It’s been chilly the past couple of days. But so far everything’s is going well.  Boston should come out strong.  Best wishes to your favorite team.  This is going to be a very good year for all.

This.  I got to meet dozens of new members last week, and I do have to say anecdotally,  it is clear now that Boston has become a destination drum corps.   To my knowledge,  there is now but one drum corps who has not seen any of its members join Boston, and that is probably not surprising....looking at YOU, Chief Guns.. lol!  In any event, I always avoid asking new members to compare their prior experience with their new home at BAC, but most offer up their very positive reactions to the quality of instruction,  corps organization,  and, interestingly, food quality.  Despite the recent cool temps, the kids and staff seem to love Castleton, where we have been for 9 years.   Quote from one of the Texans,  "Vermont is so GREEN!"

When I'm not there (as is the case this week) I happily receive texts and msgs from several members and staff. Morale continues to be high. Looks like they got Part 4 on the field yesterday and uniform fittings are ongoing. 

As happened last year at this time, word is permeating throughout the BAC alumni base that the corps has raised its game yet again, and lots of New England-based folks are making plans to head to Castleton a week from this weekend for the Community Performance.  Unlike some corps, Boston does not charge any kind of admission fee for this performance, either to fans or the people of Castleton.   

I'm counting down the days until next weekend! The first show weekend is comprised of the first two BAC home shows in Lynn and Quincy on July 1st and 2nd. 

Devorate Eos, Bostonia!

Edited by craiga
Spelling
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, craiga said:

This.  I got to meet dozens of new members last week, and I do have to say anecdotally,  it is clear now that Boston has become a destination drum corps.   To my knowledge,  there is now but one drum corps who has not seen any of its members join Boston, and that is probably not surprising....looking at YOU, Chief Guns.. lol!  In any event, I always avoid asking new members to compare their prior experience with their new home at BAC, but most offer up their very positive reactions to the quality of instruction,  corps organization,  and, interestingly, food quality.  Despite the recent cool temps, the kids and staff seem to love Castleton, where we have been for 9 years.   Quote from one of the Texans,  "Vermont is so GREEN!"

When I'm not there (as is the case this week) I happily receive texts and msgs from several members and staff. Morale continues to be high. Looks like they got Part 4 on the field yesterday and uniform fittings are ongoing. 

As happened last year at this time, word is permeating throughout the BAC alumni base that the corps has raised its game yet again, and lots of New England-based folks are making plans to head to Castleton a week from this weekend for the Community Performance.  Unlike some corps, Boston does not charge any kind of admission fee for this performance, either to fans or the people of Castleton.   

I'm counting down the days until next weekend! The first show weekend is comprised of the first two BAC home shows in Lynn and Quincy on July 1st and 2nd. 

Devorate Eos, Bostonia!

text messages from members? Ewwww

https://fb.watch/k-z8h3IOh_/

Weekly wrap up of Boston. 
Some clips of the drill and they are booking it

• Like 4

So good to hear todays report that Boston has finished putting drill and music on the field, leaving lots of time to enhance, layer and clean.  They leave ST in VT on the 20th.  Lots of activity with performances, free time in Boston & rehearsals until 1st show on 7/1.  Looking good, sounding strong are the reports.  Eat em up Boston!

• Like 2

Yes, the update from Corps Director Chris Holland earlier today was exciting.  Especially so if you know Chris, who never hypes anything.  Ever.  I think BAC is poised for another historic year.  Can't wait for a week from Friday to go see them again!

• Like 1