Boston Crusaders 2023

37 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

This thread is wicked seaworthy , imo and I’m getting hungry right about now for some Maine Lobstahs . Craiga .. whaddaya got besides fish & chips up there today fa suppah  ?😊

In 21 they decided one day to provide the corps a full lobster for meal one day.

Me being from Texas had never seen a full lobster presented like that and ended up turning it down and had steak instead. 

Something about that presentation of the full thing did not sit well with me that day

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

In 21 they decided one day to provide the corps a full lobster for meal one day.

Me being from Texas had never seen a full lobster presented like that and ended up turning it down and had steak instead. 

Something about that presentation of the full thing did not sit well with me that day

When I got married as a young lad , I brought  home a can of sardines to open up and share with a couple of sandwiches for lunch one day with my new bride . So I open the can of sardines , she looks inside and says to me  “ thanks , but no thanks “.  As far as I know to this day she has never consumed a sardine .😊

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 2

Even though I am a lifelong New Englandah, I have never gotten into lobster. This past summer, lobster dinners in Maine were $30-$45. My opinion has always been that they get their taste from the warm melted butter. I agree with fighterkit...I also prefer a nice Texas sirloin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fighterkit said:

Never tried one from scratch and don’t even try working with Maryland crab. Need the manual to open them. 🤔

Took a puddle jumper plane trip for work to Portsmouth, NH and flew out of Maine. People had live lobsters in cardboard boxes packed in ice. Asked stewardess what happens if they miss one when unpacking the cargo. Answer was “you never want to find out”. 🤮

1 minute ago, TOC said:

I was told once that while in the Boston area, the corps mm were taken on harbor cruises. 

Not a surprise. We didn't do anything like that when I marched, but we had quite a few Boston free days where you probably could've done that on your own

There were 2 times in the recent past where the IAM CEO had the corps come to his house in NH, and perform (brass and perc only). They were treated to a full New England Clambake both times as well as chicken and steak, finished off with an ice cream extravaganza from a local ice cream shop.  Both of these experiences for the kids was incredible.  And it was interesting to see what kids would do with a lobster when they’d never seen one before.  Some were stumped at first.   It was an all you could eat feast and good lord did the kids eat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

There were 2 times in the recent past where the IAM CEO had the corps come to his house in NH, and perform (brass and perc only). They were treated to a full New England Clambake both times as well as chicken and steak, finished off with an ice cream extravaganza from a local ice cream shop.  Both of these experiences for the kids was incredible.  And it was interesting to see what kids would do with a lobster when they’d never seen one before.  Some were stumped at first.   It was an all you could eat feast and good lord did the kids eat.

Yep. This is when we got it. Once in 2017 and then again in 2022. That was a time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOC said:

I was told once that while in the Boston area, the corps mm were taken on harbor cruises. 

It was an annual tradition for several years, pre-covid. Done in collaboration with the Crusaders Senior Corps, it gave the groups a chance to bond - old school/new school 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1