Boston Crusaders 2023

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Boston Crusaders placement improvement was even better than that, Craiga. Boston moved up from actually a 6th place ( not " 5th place " ) finish in 2019 to a 2nd place finish last summer. ( no competition seasons, 2020, 2021 ).

What a season in 19 as well. 
Beat Crown once and then lost to them and eventually Cavaliers jumped us. But it set the stage for the next season and eventually all the way to 22. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 3:22 PM, craiga said:

So, I just saw the announcement on FB.  Boston has picked up the Beanpot Invitational Show in Lynn, MA on July 1st.  That will be followed by a show the next night in Quincy with the same lineup, and then the East Coast Classic in Lawrence on Aug 3rd...right before the Allentown weekend.   So awesome for us New Englanders to have these shows!

For accuracy, they are being billed as the Beanpot Invitational, East Coast Showcase-Quincy, and East Coast Showcase-Lawrence, and tickets are on sale now!

Hey do you know why they changed the name from East Coast Classic to East Coast Showcase?

25 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The Cardinals would be with the Beanpot only, but BAC took it over this year.  BAC has run the Quincy and Lawrence shows for a number of years.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Beanpot this year. With such a small lineup, I know some people who are waiting until August in Lawrence and are skipping both Quincy and Lynn. While it is true only four corps will be competing in Lawrence, Bloo and BAC should be a good contest and Mandarins and Phantom could be exciting. I don’t think that a Cadets BAC face off is going to promote that much excitement. I hope for the best for Cadets, I just don’t think they will put fear into the hearts of a runner up last year and make it a sizzling competition. As much as I love both OC corps, last year Spartans and 7th Regiment were woefully unprepared at the beginning of the season. Two identical shows could be a hard sell. I also wonder if folks who attended Beanpot in the past will go this year. A good chunk of the audience attended due to allegiance to the Cardinals Alumni. The Alumni Association also staffed the very successful, popular, and good concession stand. That’s something that made the show unique and fun. I’ll be at both shows, and I hope both are well attended. 

12 hours ago, Tim K said:

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Beanpot this year. With such a small lineup, I know some people who are waiting until August in Lawrence and are skipping both Quincy and Lynn. While it is true only four corps will be competing in Lawrence, Bloo and BAC should be a good contest and Mandarins and Phantom could be exciting. I don’t think that a Cadets BAC face off is going to promote that much excitement. I hope for the best for Cadets, I just don’t think they will put fear into the hearts of a runner up last year and make it a sizzling competition. As much as I love both OC corps, last year Spartans and 7th Regiment were woefully unprepared at the beginning of the season. Two identical shows could be a hard sell. I also wonder if folks who attended Beanpot in the past will go this year. A good chunk of the audience attended due to allegiance to the Cardinals Alumni. The Alumni Association also staffed the very successful, popular, and good concession stand. That’s something that made the show unique and fun. I’ll be at both shows, and I hope both are well attended. 

I will lay odds right now that both the Lynn and Quincy shows will be sellouts.  Yes, they are small lineups,  but having the current 2nd place and 5th place DCI World Class corps there will be a huge draw. And while I agree with your sentiment that neither 7th nor Spartans were well prepared last year, they are both nevertheless local corps with lots of local support.  

And in addition,  this will be the first time in BAC'S 83 year history that it will be performing in Massachusetts as a top 3 DCI drum corps which will arguably be in the hunt for its first national championship since 1967.  I completely believe you when you say that some people might not go to these first two shows, but that seems so illogical to me.  We in the Boston area are so fortunate to have THREE local world class shows this year.  Heck, I'd go if it was just Boston in street clothes.  And for the record, I have reason to believe that the Cadets are going to come out with guns blazing.

• Like 4

Let's all keep in mind that BAC and Cadets move in 4-5 weeks ahead of the first show whereas Spartans and 7th Regiment move in 6-7 days before the first show.  Big difference.