Boston Crusaders 2023

7 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

A non sequitur, but I can’t not have my brain say, “Lynn Lynn the city is sin” when reading this. 

...  lol.... true... the poem was created supposedly by an anonymous Lynn resident  circa 1944 WW2 era where the city of Lynn had lots of soldiers, sailors shipped in and out of Boston for/ from overseas and would hit up the sights in Lynn, and where the clubs and bars stayed open later than in Boston. The endearing poem that even most long time Lynn residents are reportedly ok with goes :

" Lynn, Lynn, the City of sin, you never come out the way you went in.

You ask for water, they give you gin, the girls say no, but they always give in.

If you're not bad, they won't let you in, its the damnest city, I've ever lived in.

Lynn, Lynn the City of sin, you never come out the way you went in "🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That’s the one. Autocorrect messed up the preposition 

• Like 1

We did Lynn in 22 and IIRC it was pretty packed. I remember the stands were packed even during rehearsals before the show and even post show it was a big meet up between the junior corps and the alumni.

Honestly if my memory serves me well every Mass show we did from 19-22 were pretty packed and pretty popular. 
I think that they might not have a lot of tickets sold now, but the closer it gets the more they sell and I think itll be packed for the show. Cadets going back up to the top six is certainly something that will excite people, and I think that the alum are going to want to see Boston perform their show since we medaled for the first time in 22. I don't think people are going to want to miss these shows and Im not too concerned about the turn out.
Hell I might even make the trip up from Texas for the home shows. 

• Like 2

Yah. Some shows have more of a walk up culture around them. 

As for the “Manning field was a mistake” sentiment, I imagine like most venue griping it functions both as a reason for people not to go if they were ready to stop going AND a reason to go if they still enjoy the event along with the  side activity of griping about the venue. 

I see it with DC United and RFK nostalgia v the new place. Griping functions both ways. Sometimes in the same person. At the same time. 

Source: my griping. 

TL; DR. “A drum corps show AND griping about changes in the local venue with fellow old timers? Hell yes I’m in!”

Edited by KVG_DC

Congratulations earlier tonite ( Saturday ) to Inspire Music & Arts Organization team partner of the Boston Crusaders, the Blessed Sacrament Winter Guard ( Cambridge, Ma. ) Silver Medalist in World Class, Independent Division. This was Blessed Sac's highest placement since 1996, their3rd highest score in WGI, and 1st time they have topped Pride of Cincinnati at Finals since 1994.

Scores of Medallion Winning ( Top 3 ) Guards :

1) Paramount ( Atlanta Ga. ).....................97.45

2) Blessed Sac ( Cambridge, Ma. )...........96.40

3) Pride of Cincinnati ( Cincy, OH. )..........96.00

I was able to watch the medalist performances live on Flo Marching as I had just come in as they came on.  I know very little about Guard, but thought all 3 of these Medalists were truly phenomenal. All 3 had completely different styles., with the skill level top notch. and the show designs well coordinated and entertaining. Congrats to all.

On 4/13/2023 at 12:21 PM, LabMaster said:

I would beg to differ on Boston not liking Bridgemen.  There were a number of connections between Boston and Bridgemen.  Boston may not have liked being beaten by them, especially when they were first out in the yellow coats, but the corps attitudes were similar.  There was also a very memorable night where Boston and Bridgemen hung out together in Marlboro.  

I agree. When I marched in 27, I had several friends in Bridgemen, and I loved them even more when we beat them! (I actally had friends up and down the top twelve in 79. Good times.)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I agree. When I marched in 27, I had several friends in Bridgemen, and I loved them even more when we beat them! (I actally had friends up and down the top twelve in 79. Good times.)

27 ?

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

27 ?

JL is a true vet. He was marching back during the Roaring 20s and into the Great Depression. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

27 ?

Two Seven, or 27th, or 27th Lancers. I was just using a shorthand

• Like 1