Boston Crusaders 2023

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

JL is a true vet. He was marching back during the Roaring 20s and into the Great Depression. 

But he had problems when corps added that first valve. 😈😆

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Gino Cipriani for being inducted into the DCI HOF!
Absolutely deserved.
He is someone who I learned so much from while I was a DM under him and an inspiration to everyone who he teaches. 

Edited by fighterkit
  • Like 7

I have spent many hours sitting in the stands at Castleton watching him run rehearsals.  He is like a skilled surgeon, efficiently cleaning the brass ensemble sometimes literally one measure at a time.   The kids and tech staff hang on his every word. Reading his bio today on the DCI press release,  I have to confess that I didn't realize how many years he had been with both the Blue Devils and the Cadets. His career explains alot. Congratulations!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, craiga said:

I have spent many hours sitting in the stands at Castleton watching him run rehearsals.  He is like a skilled surgeon, efficiently cleaning the brass ensemble sometimes literally one measure at a time.   The kids and tech staff hang on his every word. Reading his bio today on the DCI press release,  I have to confess that I didn't realize how many years he had been with both the Blue Devils and the Cadets. His career explains alot. Congratulations!

He is a master of his craft, and an outstanding person!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fighterkit said:

Congratulations to Gino Cipriani for being inducted into the DCI HOF!
Absolutely deserved.
He is someone who I learned so much from while I was a DM under him and an inspiration to everyone who he teaches. 

Congratulations to him.  
Not surprised that DCI didn’t pick the person I nominated, Tricia Nadolny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good luck to all BAC members and staff as they converge on San Antonio this weekend for their final camp before Spring Training!

"LUCK"

Labor Under Correct Knowledge

• Like 3

8 hours ago, craiga said:

Good luck to all BAC members and staff as they converge on San Antonio this weekend for their final camp before Spring Training!

"LUCK"

Labor Under Correct Knowledge

Hopefully everyone's flights will be able to get into SAT before (or after) the storms this evening.  NOAA's timing window for the severe weather shows 6-8pm.  🙏     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Yes, and there are alot of members to drive to camps, so they have to get through the weather as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Yes, and there are alot of members to drive to camps, so they have to get through the weather as well.

Yes, am driving to camp and hearing reports from members that the rain and thunder are halting people’s progress to camp and block might start late

19 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Yes, am driving to camp and hearing reports from members that the rain and thunder are halting people’s progress to camp and block might start late

The national weather on NBC news tonight has a tornado watch for much of Texas, something we very seldom have to deal with here in New England.  I hope everyone gets to the school without running into this.