Carolina Crown 2023

18 minutes ago, BWise said:

The show was fine. They placed fourth .. kids enjoyed it .. fans enjoyed it. Looked pretty good .. sounded really good. What else is there to say ?  I kinda picked this fight last week saying it was “different” but …

“CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?”

lol … 

#### you using logic on DCP! you know the rules!

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, BWise said:

The show was fine. They placed fourth .. kids enjoyed it .. fans enjoyed it.

The looks on their faces during and at the end of the show said it all. 

"Time of your life, huh kid?" - Guido Risky Business

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, BWise said:

The show was fine. They placed fourth .. kids enjoyed it .. fans enjoyed it. Looked pretty good .. sounded really good. What else is there to say ?  I kinda picked this fight last week saying it was “different” but …

“CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?”

lol … 

You’re right about the crowd and marching members enjoying the show. Personally I thought it was great, not as good as the top three, and not as strong as some of my favorite Crown shows, but still a very good show. This is where I think Crown not participating in Indy in 2021 may have hurt a bit. If 2021 had been judged, BAC and Bloo would have been the top two. I think when you look at the marching aspect and the color guard, BAC might have been the better of the two, though the with the audience appeal and the brass first could have easily gone to Bloo. I think 2021 put fire in the belly of both Bloo and BAC which carried over to this season. I think a huge reason why we saw such a strong year for Cadets and Phantom was also due to momentum from 2021. Crown made a prudent decision to go a different route for 2021, but it may have been a bit of a disadvantage competitively. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZTWright said:

Someone mentioned this in the staff thread, but is Jim Coates really leaving? Does anyone have any concrete evidence?

No concrete evidence, but I wouldn't be surprised. He seems to be getting up there in age. I am thinking it is retirement rather than leaving for another corps because he loves Crown.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

No concrete evidence, but I wouldn't be surprised. He seems to be getting up there in age. I am thinking it is retirement rather than leaving for another corps because he loves Crown.

That's what I meant. I don't think he would leave for another corps. He's been with Crown since 2003. I don't see him leaving, but rather retiring. 

12 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Hmmm, a bit of a provocative question for Crown fans, in their design and programming approach for 2023, they go “back to basics”, yea or nay? If yea, what does that look like? If nay, what do y’all want them to do differently from this year?

Just build around your strength and rely on that. You don’t need all the trappings.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Hmmm, a bit of a provocative question for Crown fans, in their design and programming approach for 2023, they go “back to basics”, yea or nay? If yea, what does that look like? If nay, what do y’all want them to do differently from this year?

Go back to what got them to the top. Quirky, campy fun. Leave the "gimmicks" behind, return to the "Crown basics". 

• Like 1