Carolina Crown 2023

On 11/10/2022 at 6:15 AM, drumcorpsfever said:

You can’t judge how loud a brass line on a CD. Horn-for-horn, Crown is loud enough (and was loudest in 2016 in opinion) - contrary to your statement above. Take the electronic boosts away from the other 2 corps you mention and the sound would have been much different on a recording. 

Crown’s brass is unique with that signature sound that balances volume with utter lushness. Pound for pound, as loud as any corps of the there.

yeah....I relistened to the 2016 recordings again and actually isolated the different elements and it the graphics show Crown is louder than the other too...like you said...take out the boosts and there it is.

Crown became my corps the moment I heard them from a youtube video in 2012....tbh...I had drifted away from dci for a few years because of work but since I listened to them again I fell back in love with the activity....and Crown's 2012 brass line just sold it right off the bat. I listened to them a lot...that summer I lost my mom to cancer and it was such a relief to listen to Crown while I was working...took my mind off the horrible events and sounds of the hospital room. No other corps could really move me like Crown did and still does. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, karuna said:

Guessing they'll have 3 camps again.  MFA / Muncie,  somewhere between Mason and CrownBeat, and then at Kennesaw after Statesboro.  Would not surprise me to see three days in Dayton 8/7-8/9.

8EVsYGW.jpg

Smart. Major recruiting tool. It’s also smart that they are once again doing all three Dallas area shows and the Houston show. Texas is a goldmine for talent. 

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of December Camp: do they even still play show music at camps this early? It’s been so long since I’ve been to one, I wouldn’t be too surprised if the format has changed over the years.

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Speaking of December Camp: do they even still play show music at camps this early? It’s been so long since I’ve been to one, I wouldn’t be too surprised if the format has changed over the years.

Most of the groups were given & played through the first 1-2 minutes of their horn book.  The percussion are still working on fundamentals.  (Variations of "8 on a hand" anyone?) 😂

:babies: 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Most of the groups were given & played through the first 1-2 minutes of their horn book.  The percussion are still working on fundamentals.  (Variations of "8 on a hand" anyone?) 😂

:babies: 

Considering there is an entirely new staff with a whole new technique and the fact winter is when you should be focusing on fundamentals I'm not surprised. All of the players are talented from wherever they come from. They just need to learn to play the same way.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas to CrownLAND & DCP denizens all!

• Like 2