Carolina Crown 2023

1 hour ago, ZTWright said:

That's what you view as getting stale. What I view as getting stale is how nobody can criticize Boston anymore without the wraths of hell raining down upon them because for some reason Boston is now the darling of DCI. That loaf is so stale it's practically growing mold by this point. 

No one is saying you can’t criticize BAC.  But make it a legit criticism and not the same old cry of “poaching”!  If you even know what poaching is. Some one leaving a corps because they aren’t wanted or they want a new experience and there is a place for them with another corps and they move to another corps, isn’t poaching. So enough with the poaching cry.  If you have a legit criticism and not the easy whine of poaching, have at it.  But BAC fans will defend against BS.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 4

I can't wait to see in the Crowd thread that "retirement poached Harloff, Klesch, etc" when they decide to retire. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZTWright said:

That's what you view as getting stale. What I view as getting stale is how nobody can criticize Boston anymore without the wraths of hell raining down upon them because for some reason Boston is now the darling of DCI. That loaf is so stale it's practically growing mold by this point. 

Boston's not my darling, BUT I know that every corps gets staff from other corps.

BD -> Cavaliers staff

Crown -> BD

Cavaliers ->SCV

SCV -> Cavaliers

Cadets -> Star

Star -> Crown

Troopers -> Cadets -> Star

Crown -> Boston

Cadets -> Boston

Cadets -> Star

Cavaliers -> Bluecoats

I mean, the list goes on and on...

....so yeah, it's stale. I'm sorry, I guess I'm too far removed to even care.

8 hours ago, ZTWright said:

Well if someone utilizes the phrase  “ poaching “ marchers and staff from other corps , then it’s kind of silly not to expect to receive at least a little pushback on that .. especially when marchers and staff have been moving between Corps since even BEFORE DCI was founded . It’s a common practice . Crown has new percussion staff hired that were at Blue Knights for a few years . If someone posted that “ Crown “poached them “ from Blue Knights , it would be just as pejorative and unnecessary a phrase to use, and Crown fans and alums would be entitled to roll their eyes and simply  go “ sheesh “ with that inappropriate term usage for this as well .  

Edited by Boss Anova

From what I know, Jim Ancona (and I think the sound designer, Andrew Monteiro) were the only percussion folks not fired. A friend of a friend that marched this past year said that Ancona emailed the percussion members saying that due to Crown's (pretty #### poor) handling of the staff change, he'd be going to Boston since he was fed up with how Crown had been treating its percussion staff. He then offered expedited auditions for Crown vets that wanted to go to Boston which is why there are like six or seven Crown percussion members now there (including a center snare and center marimba).

Boston didn't poach ####. Ancona went there because he'd rather work with friends and not have his fellow staff be treated disrespectfully.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Sholeo said:

From what I know, Jim Ancona (and I think the sound designer, Andrew Monteiro) were the only percussion folks not fired. A friend of a friend that marched this past year said that Ancona emailed the percussion members saying that due to Crown's (pretty #### poor) handling of the staff change, he'd be going to Boston since he was fed up with how Crown had been treating its percussion staff. He then offered expedited auditions for Crown vets that wanted to go to Boston which is why there are like six or seven Crown percussion members now there (including a center snare and center marimba).

Boston didn't poach ####. Ancona went there because he'd rather work with friends and not have his fellow staff be treated disrespectfully.

And Ancona is returning to Boston.  He’d been there years ago.

• Like 2

NO ONE SHOULD EVERY CHANGE CORPS FOR ANY REASON. THAT IS THE LAW.  AND PARTICULARLY IF THEY LEAVE MY FAVORITE CORPS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

NO ONE SHOULD EVERY CHANGE CORPS FOR ANY REASON. THAT IS THE LAW.  AND PARTICULARLY IF THEY LEAVE MY FAVORITE CORPS!

Well since you put it in all caps… 😆

• Haha 4

On 1/29/2023 at 8:19 PM, LabMaster said:

And Ancona is returning to Boston.  He’d been there years ago.

Yeah .. even I am tiring of the Crown North Drum and Bugle Corps (aka BAC) conversation but I think there are degrees of staff moving around and an entire visual team, creative, design, drill and color guard staff .. even down to the techs moving to another corps. That pretty much is poaching. And frankly the first three years honestly I did not even know the staff had left Crown and I kept saying .., why does Boston look just like Crown .. down to even the small stylistic body movements. Even down to their show graphics and social media packaging. 
it’s all fine with me but there is barely one shred of the old Boston look or feel left. And I love it because it looks like Crown .. but you just gotta own it .. I mean Sacktig came to Crown but in no way do they look or feel like the Cadets. It’s just weird to me .. wanting to present stylistically the same as another corps. BAC has evolved more and this is less the case but those first three shows felt like copy paste to me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1