Carolina Crown 2023

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

2 things to challenge a couple of points here and maybe change the paradigm that has been invented and perpetuated.  One.  No one was waving stacks of money to get anyone to jump.  They may have provided a landing spot for some who were jumping to find another place that would enable and encourage creative freedom with no restraint.  Two, no BAC propagandists lurk in Crown world gloating.  Although you may like perpetuating these ideas, it’s just not true. Crown folks wanted to leave, BAC wanted to make a push forward in DCI.  Kismet.  Serendipity.  Certainly not poaching or any similar notion.   Best of luck to Crown this year.  Support them and for once drop the concern with BAC.  It’s been 6 years for gosh sakes.

You’re in the Crown forum I’m not in the BAC forum so pretty clear you are more concerned with what is happening here than I am what’s happening over there. Never even been in that forum. Propagandist is not a horrible thing .. but across most of the social media platforms there is a constant over promotion or defense of BAC .. every post has a certain group of folks swooping in to get nasty or conversely over applaud a simple comment. It’s just true. Step back and look at it objectively.    

While I can go look up the BAC non-profit financials .. intuitively with the staff and equipment investment..  cash has clearly been flowing freely .. you just can’t make  the massive “push forward” you describe with out some serious funding. Maybe the Crown team was ready to go.  Idk. Again .. I like what BAC is doing .. it’s very authentic and is really what I personally find the most entertaining and enjoyable form of the activity .. 

11 hours ago, BWise said:

You’re in the Crown forum I’m not in the BAC forum so pretty clear you are more concerned with what is happening here than I am what’s happening over there. Never even been in that forum. Propagandist is not a horrible thing .. but across most of the social media platforms there is a constant over promotion or defense of BAC .. every post has a certain group of folks swooping in to get nasty or conversely over applaud a simple comment. It’s just true. Step back and look at it objectively.    

While I can go look up the BAC non-profit financials .. intuitively with the staff and equipment investment..  cash has clearly been flowing freely .. you just can’t make  the massive “push forward” you describe with out some serious funding. Maybe the Crown team was ready to go.  Idk. Again .. I like what BAC is doing .. it’s very authentic and is really what I personally find the most entertaining and enjoyable form of the activity .. 

I visit many forums.  I am curious how everyone is doing.  No more or less than Crown. TBH, crown is a bit down on the list. What I do find whenever I drop in on the crown thread is a constant slam of a few, about Boston and occasionally about other corps.  What you say about poster/propagandists, coming to BAC’s defense is true. That has been their history of survival over they years.  Something Crown has not experienced.  Boston lost staff through they years and never cried “poaching”.  I don’t recall other corps slamming a corps for poaching.  Only Crown supporters. As far as money, it took Boston years to build the foundation they currently have.  Most of the Crown folks that slam Boston have no idea at all how long it took and how difficult it was. And still is.  Boston’s “serious” funding comes from the expertise of the BOD, pursuit of corporate support, pursuit of grants that help not only the corps but other elements of the org. ( such as the inner city music program). 

I’ll leave the Crown thread and wish you all well and much success for the coming year. But if it’s at all possible, end the silly poaching belief.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BWise said:

Point of order: you're in the Carolina Crown 2023 'thread' in the DCI World Class Discussions.  

Motion to adjourn...   :whistle: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BWise said:

Nobody even brings up Carolina Crown on the Boston Crusaders 2023 thread however .  They are not much interested there with Carolina Crown frankly . Crown has not performed anywhere in New England for many years now .  A few Boston alums/ fans only responded on here when Crusaders were criticized and they thought unfairly , and for something in staff movement that happened over 6 years ago and/ or that they have “ money “ they worked hard for , to finally be able to properly invest in the Corps that for years and years they had been unable to .Sheesh . Time to move on . Crown has new percussion staff they brought in this past  Fall after terminating some percussion staff from last few seasons .  They brought in percussion staff that were with the Blue Knights and had also worked  successfully with units in WGI before . Staffs and marchers move around all the time . If you don’t want to talk Crusaders in a negative light on here , or heck not even bring them up at all on the 2023 Carolina Crown thread , you might be pleased to learn that it’s likely that both fans/ alums of both Corps, and even perhaps fans/ alums of other corps that visit the 2023 Carolina Crown thread here ,  would likely find that refreshing now moving forward . Best of success to the Carolina Crown this season . Looking forward to seeing / hearing what they have in store for us on Flo Marching this summer if I cant make it out to Indy . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Let it go. Please. Bringing up the migration of staff year after year … after year after year is a horrible reflection on Crown.

Especially since CC has some great percussion staff from the BK.

22 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Point of order: you're in the Carolina Crown 2023 'thread' in the DCI World Class Discussions.  

Motion to adjourn...   :whistle: 

No second … motion to postpone indefinitely .. 😛

• Haha 2