Carolina Crown 2023

13 hours ago, arabica said:

This is the announcement I’m referring to. Looks like she’s splitting her time.

Indeed. Same pic that’s on CrownSITE. 

I’m guessin’ DCI doesn’t require NDA’s, and a staff member can shop their talents simultaneously between or among corps?

There’s a prominent drill designer at the HS level, and you can compare his website to what you see on the field any given season. 

Don’t know if that’s an apt comparison though.

BTW, good follow-up arabica. A Luddite such as I still finds the inter-webs and social media too challenging. My flip phone is almost more than I can handle…

Edited by nsxanax
Insufficient initial response.

6 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Indeed. Same pic that’s on CrownSITE. 

I’m guessin’ DCI doesn’t require NDA’s, and a staff member can shop their talents simultaneously between or among corps?

There’s a prominent drill designer at the HS level, and you can compare his website to what you see on the field any given season. 

Don’t know if that’s an apt comparison though.

BTW, good follow-up arabica. A Luddite such as I still finds the inter-webs and social media too challenging. My flip phone is almost more than I can handle…

Yea. When I marched, there were a few staff members who spent the full summer between one or two groups. Sometimes they want to be on the full summer but corps wont let them for whatever reason, or they want to teach visual at one group and brass at another. Most corps let them do this and allow it. In 2018 we had Klesch show up once or twice because he wrote the book for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TOC said:

For me, it's a standard video done by many corps that really don't show us much of anything other than standard DCI corps rehearsals.  After several years of these, it gets boring. 

True they’re redundant, but it’s always nice to see the fresh faces and the excitement IMO! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Based on the April camp video. The membership look extremely positive for this point of the season.  Take away quotes that made me excited.

“This is something that is different for Crown from the past few years”. I hope that means they are going back to a character show. If this happens they may be untouchable. 

“We already feel connected”. Meaning the new percussion team is settling in just fine. They looked very similar from person to person already on that video. Really excited about this one. 

“Everyone was doing double turns during the rifle audition”.  Sounds like the guard talent will be through the roof to give them a shot at the guard trophy again. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Danby510 said:

Based on the April camp video. The membership look extremely positive for this point of the season.  Take away quotes that made me excited.

“This is something that is different for Crown from the past few years”. I hope that means they are going back to a character show. If this happens they may be untouchable. 

“We already feel connected”. Meaning the new percussion team is settling in just fine. They looked very similar from person to person already on that video. Really excited about this one. 

“Everyone was doing double turns during the rifle audition”.  Sounds like the guard talent will be through the roof to give them a shot at the guard trophy again. 

Hope springs eternal, especially this early.

I'll take hype anywhere I can get it👍

And definitely not for the last time this season....GO CROWN!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TOC said:

For me, it's a standard video done by many corps that really don't show us much of anything other than standard DCI corps rehearsals.  After several years of these, it gets boring. 

Yep, including the "mandatory" brass SQUAT POSE in the first ten seconds of the video! 

Because fans love to see everyone appearing to a quick simultaneous dump! 

Hey, you gotta be sure to check the judges' "movement" box!  😁