Carolina Crown 2023

4 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I'll respond to this bizarre comment with this image taken from a designer's fb.

This keyboard warrior hopes for a remake of the 1996 show...

May be an image of text

Yes because calling people out on their crap is bizarre. God forbid we hold people accountable for their comments.

20 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

My vote would be a remake/update of Star ‘91, but that’s a windmill that folks have been tilting at for decades. Perhaps ‘93 would be more apropos—Harloff was Star DM—but I think Crown did Barber justice with Relentless😉

It's neither Star nor '96. 😉

7 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

Yes because calling people out on their crap is bizarre. God forbid we hold people accountable for their comments.

Respectfully … Isn’t it a little early in the season to be letting this stuff get to you so much? No one on this thread has really talked out of turn about Crown so far this season, but the prevailing attitude from your end has felt a bit negative. Crown is a great corps. They can survive the occasional snide remark on the internet. But that hasn’t even really happened in this space. You really gotta lighten up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

My vote would be a remake/update of Star ‘91, but that’s a windmill that folks have been tilting at for decades. Perhaps ‘93 would be more apropos—Harloff was Star DM—but I think Crown did Barber justice with Relentless😉

45 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

It's neither Star nor '96. 😉

You’re kidding, right? You didn’t read that as a total goof?

It seemed so asinine and outlandish, that it would be construed as—perhaps failing miserably so—an attempt to inject some levity.

Better keep my day job…

14 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Respectfully … Isn’t it a little early in the season to be letting this stuff get to you so much? No one on this thread has really talked out of turn about Crown so far this season, but the prevailing attitude from your end has felt a bit negative. Crown is a great corps. They can survive the occasional snide remark on the internet. But that hasn’t even really happened in this space. You really gotta lighten up. 

So now I'm the one being negative. What a turn of events! Guess it's okay talk #### this season on the Crown thread. Got it. 

• Haha 1

Let’s all take a step back from the ledge. Albeit minor, I understand the posts and why ZTW took exception. On the other hand, I’ve been a fan of SF1128’s contributions, and have found him to be not only knowledgeable but measured and thoughtful in his comments.

Some of you might recall the Saturday Night Massacre [not Watergate] the Mod’s had on this thread last season. Discourse had devolved to such a low point that some long time contributors bailed and snark/ad hominem attacks ruled the day.

I’ll do my best to keep a positive attitude. Crown might put out a train wreck or the second coming of FTCG crossed with ‘13 and ‘15. Anybody’s guess. But at this point we simply hope for the excellence that Crown has consistently shown over the last decade and a half.

Edited by nsxanax
Omitted words
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DCIFan2022 said:

A Beowulf theme show would be EPIC!

I agree (although doing Grendel and his mama (and the dragon for that matter) in an effective way would be challenging.  Also ripping off arms may be frowned upon by the more sensitive fans  :ninja: ) but the quote above has nothing to do Beowulf.  

• Like 1