Carolina Crown 2023

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

That 5th place percussion had more to do with it than the closer. 

But Bloo was the best that year. They won fair and square, no excuses. 

I felt Crown could do it, jumping a few places in percussion wouldn’t have made up for much. The fine margins in all captions led to the top three being where they were, GE being the least malleable in changing on finals week if I’m being honest, along with it having a larger share of the pie, losing Music on finals night definitely hurt Crown’s chances as well. They couldn’t keep that edge that very well would’ve had them sandwiched right in between Bloo and BD realistically.

I would’ve been fine with either approach they went with for the ending too, liked both🤷‍♂️ Sue me😂

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, crownisking said:

And I stand by that, even if it did cost Crown a championship. But FWIW, I firmly believe Bloo had a show that no one was going to beat that year. I believed that from my first viewing. 

Your opinion. Many may agree. However, less than 1/2 point separated the top 3 on finals night. And, each of the top 3 beat each other at least one time during the season. 2016 was one of the most competitive years at the top that we’ve seen in recent years. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

That 5th place percussion had more to do with it than the closer. 

But Bloo was the best that year. They won fair and square, no excuses. 

Yeah. I don’t believe anything any other corps could do to change Bloo winning outcome. They were poised and running away with it, to be fair I my honest opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Your opinion. Many may agree. However, less than 1/2 point separated the top 3 on finals night. And, each of the top 3 beat each other at least one time during the season. 2016 was one of the most competitive years at the top that we’ve seen in recent years. 

While in a previous post I was pretty bullish on Bloo’s certainty to take gold in ‘16, I’d forgotten how tight it was, numerically, at the top that year.

I do recall Rondo’s remarks during recaps that night, that it was the best “third place show” he’d ever seen. It was wasn’t hard to read between the lines with his inflection and delivery, but that’s simply one insider’s opinion.

Regardless, if Crown can put something on the field this year that was as powerful and moving as Relentless, I’ll be a happy Crownie.

Go Crown!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCIFan2022 said:

https://carolinacrown.smugmug.com/2023-Season/Spring-Training

https://www.instagram.com/p/CswuNjoJTHP/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Looks like Crown's first week of Spring Training has gone well! The guard looks FIERCE!

If a picture(s) & ‘s worth a thousand words, color me intrigued😉🥁🎺🎼

Go Crown!!!

• Like 3