Carolina Crown 2023

1 hour ago, charlie1223 said:
4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

interesting to see the perc staff choices

Interesting isn’t the word I’d use. 

The new percussion team will be a massive upgrade to the one that is now and I believe they will be able to keep up with a top 3 scoring hornline and guard 

9 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

Just wondering here...but do think any of the corps members checked out the 2022 Crown thread during the summer? It seems if they had they would have read a lot of the complaints and suggestions thrown out constantly....some of the suggestions were very doable. If I were a corps marcher and read the suggestions I would have immediately tried to convey those ideas to the staff that had that power to change things up. Had they done some of that they could've medaled. I know they were constantly busy and working hard all the time but I'm sure with 150ish kids there should've been a few that would have the time to check it out. I'd like for some of the kids to check out this thread next year and maybe get ideas from the posters...as I said, some of those ideas that were mentioned in the 2022 thread were really good. Some were suggested early in the season with plenty of time for them to make changes. 

It would really be amazing if they were to  at least medal in 2023. I would prefer them to take the title, it'll be the 10th anniversary of 2013.   I'm hoping they can win another title before Bloo reaches it's 10th since 2016. I haven't been the biggest fan of them since 2016. It's petty and unjustified but I just felt they stole Crown's thunder. Everyone wanted Crown to win in 2015 and when they didn't they wanted it even more for them the next year...except Bloo came out with a killer concept that took the focus off Crown. Don't get me wrong...they deserved the 2016 title, but I wish it had been Crown. 

I hope I don't get very much grief for this post...I could be totally wrong and unjustified but that's how I feel. 

given that the corps is top 4 consistently, i dont think the staff cares what DCP says, and really dont want to hear from kids about what DCP says unless it's a d###### post from DCP

58 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

Has there been an official word?

not yet. but it'll be interesting to see who they get

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

given that the corps is top 4 consistently, i dont think the staff cares what DCP says, and really dont want to hear from kids about what DCP says unless it's a d###### post from DCP

I'm sure they heard a lot from DCP in 2022 then...especially from a handful of posters.

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

The staff should still be open to suggestions from the kids...the kids wouldn't have to say they got it from dcp...if it was something the kids feel could work they would know whether or not to approach the staff with ideas. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

I'm sure they heard a lot from DCP in 2022 then...especially from a handful of posters.

dumbassery was low this year, mainly because many of the dumbasses are gone