Carolina Crown 2023

27 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

The staff should still be open to suggestions from the kids...the kids wouldn't have to say they got it from dcp...if it was something the kids feel could work they would know whether or not to approach the staff with ideas. 

i am sure some corps do listen to kids. but i wouldnt imagine DCP is taken into consideration. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am sure some corps do listen to kids. but i wouldnt imagine DCP is taken into consideration. 

Well...I guess I just meant that if any person had an idea...no matter where it came from....and I was saying that there was a lot of good ideas in a single place that just happened to be dcp thread. 

11 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

Just wondering here...but do think any of the corps members checked out the 2022 Crown thread during the summer? It seems if they had they would have read a lot of the complaints and suggestions thrown out constantly....some of the suggestions were very doable. If I were a corps marcher and read the suggestions I would have immediately tried to convey those ideas to the staff that had that power to change things up. Had they done some of that they could've medaled. I know they were constantly busy and working hard all the time but I'm sure with 150ish kids there should've been a few that would have the time to check it out. I'd like for some of the kids to check out this thread next year and maybe get ideas from the posters...as I said, some of those ideas that were mentioned in the 2022 thread were really good. Some were suggested early in the season with plenty of time for them to make changes. 

It would really be amazing if they were to  at least medal in 2023. I would prefer them to take the title, it'll be the 10th anniversary of 2013.   I'm hoping they can win another title before Bloo reaches it's 10th since 2016. I haven't been the biggest fan of them since 2016. It's petty and unjustified but I just felt they stole Crown's thunder. Everyone wanted Crown to win in 2015 and when they didn't they wanted it even more for them the next year...except Bloo came out with a killer concept that took the focus off Crown. Don't get me wrong...they deserved the 2016 title, but I wish it had been Crown. 

I hope I don't get very much grief for this post...I could be totally wrong and unjustified but that's how I feel. 

I don’t think that too many marching members of any corps read DCP at least during the summer months. If any do and see suggestions, my guess is that they would be viewed by marching members today as suggestions by arm chair quarterbacks who may or may not understand the activity. I’m also not sure that marching members speaking to staff about suggestions made by DCP contributors would be all that welcome. That’s not to say we are not insightful and at times correct, but I don’t think the dynamic as far as marching members and staff is collaborative, at least when it comes to show design and improvement.

Crown could medal next year. This past year Crown medaling was not out of the question, at least prior to Atlanta. It won’t be easy. It’s hard to imagine BD falling out of the top two, speak less of top three. Bloo and BAC have a tie to break,  but Crown will be in the mix, no question. Again it won’t be easy. SCV can’t be happy with fifth and if Cadets build on this year, who knows what will happen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want Crown to make changes during the next season...not coming out with an almost finished project where the only thing they add is a couple of props...I want them to evolve...when they make changes like they usually do, it seems like it's easier for them to shake things up while keeping while keeping what works steady. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

given that the corps is top 4 consistently, i dont think the staff cares what DCP says, and really dont want to hear from kids about what DCP says unless it's a d###### post from DCP

Please don't tell me I'll be featured on that podcast segment one day.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Taken into consideration? No. Monitored? Yes. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

Just wondering here...but do think any of the corps members checked out the 2022 Crown thread during the summer? It seems if they had they would have read a lot of the complaints and suggestions thrown out constantly....some of the suggestions were very doable. If I were a corps marcher and read the suggestions I would have immediately tried to convey those ideas to the staff that had that power to change things up. Had they done some of that they could've medaled. I know they were constantly busy and working hard all the time but I'm sure with 150ish kids there should've been a few that would have the time to check it out. I'd like for some of the kids to check out this thread next year and maybe get ideas from the posters...as I said, some of those ideas that were mentioned in the 2022 thread were really good. Some were suggested early in the season with plenty of time for them to make changes. 

It would really be amazing if they were to  at least medal in 2023. I would prefer them to take the title, it'll be the 10th anniversary of 2013.   I'm hoping they can win another title before Bloo reaches it's 10th since 2016. I haven't been the biggest fan of them since 2016. It's petty and unjustified but I just felt they stole Crown's thunder. Everyone wanted Crown to win in 2015 and when they didn't they wanted it even more for them the next year...except Bloo came out with a killer concept that took the focus off Crown. Don't get me wrong...they deserved the 2016 title, but I wish it had been Crown. 

I hope I don't get very much grief for this post...I could be totally wrong and unjustified but that's how I feel. 

By far, the biggest change I heard over and over and over again was the fabric needs to go. But the fabric didn’t have a single role in members being out of sync or forms not being locked in or any of the other examples of issues crown had visually. Crown got cleaner yes but they just weren’t as close to as clean (visually anyways) as the 3 corps above them. Crown’s performance level was crazy especially on finals but it does you no good when you go “oh that must be a hole there…oh no it’s not, it’s filled now”

They just got beat fair and square last year. I have no concern though for the design and instruction team moving forward as some others seem to have. Very interested to see who comes in for percussion though. I loved Travis and his team and hope they get a shot somewhere else.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZTWright said:

I read quite a bit before creating an account, and a decent handful of those people still reside. 

go back 12 years LOL

4 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Please don't tell me I'll be featured on that podcast segment one day.

i have a new target lately...Facebook Drum and Bugle Corps.

but hey keep trying i always need material!