Brief survey if you attended DCI Finals Saturday

Thanks to reading comments on Facebook and Twitter, we only spent about 15 minutes in line around 5:40pm by going allllll the way around the stadium and entering the relatively short express lines. The problem was that people just lined up in the giant snake lines as they arrived without realizing those lines were feeding just a couple entrances and not all of them. This is a terribly designed access route that is probably a non-issue during sporting events when there are gates on all four sides open. This is likely a LOS issue more than a DCI issue but one that should and could be easily corrected. There were no waits at all on Thursday and Friday when people arrive over a longer period of time.

It seems to me that the scanning process also adds more delay going through.  It takes a bunch of scans to get it to sync up.

One thing we learned at Lucas Oil this year: if you have medication they allow you to carry your bag in.

I didn’t attend on Saturday, just Thursday and Friday.  WGI had a similar problem this year of insane lines.

I waited 10 minutes in line at the most.  Folks saw the long line on the NE corner and just got in it.  I walked on the opposite side of the street along the post office and saw nine gates and 2- 3 of them had less than 20 people in line. And this was near 545pm.  If I recall in 2009 or 12, the souvie stands were placed in either the area behind the north end zone (same or a lower level ) or way up on a higher level.  That year, fans went into the main gates near where sound sport was being held on Saturday.  Plus,  I saw a number of elderly fans needing and struggling to walk up the various group of stairs from the east entrance to the west side.

My other observation was for the entire three days, there were no concession stands open from the east entrance until they got past the marketplace.  I had numerous folks stop to ask me where I got my drink from.  The lines in the Wynn club were really long and then by Friday and Saturday, other concessions had opened up past the main west area but closer to the performer's entrance from the lots.  But this was in a location where probably 60-70% of fans would not walk to in order to enter their respective tunnel.  A poorly executed plan by DCI and LOS higher ups.

9 hours ago, wolfgang said:

After reading about the long lines, here's a two question survey:

1) What time did you get in line?

2) What time did you get into the stadium?

We got in line about 5:30, on the east of the stadium. Took about ten minutes to get in. I was surprised to get on here and read about it taking an hour for some. It did seem fewer gates were open than in the past, especially when leaving at the end of the night.

We got into the stadium in under five minutes, but it took an hour to get gross, oily tenderloin sandwiches from the concessions that the elevator staff said didn't exist on the 600 level area. The lady said the e ent was too small to open concessions in the upper area...

We got in line at about 5:35 or so.  Started a stop watch and it took 45 minutes to make it to the seats.  

This was my worst Finals experience ever from the perspective of never-ending lines in all areas.  

But, one personal vent:  while the masses had managed to create the serpentine queue on their own, one man wearing a corps polo with a name tag decided to tell the crowd that the line that they were in did not turn at the end of the street.  So this edict from someone who had the possible aire of authority caused a break of the orderly chaos and created complete chaos.  It was an absolute mess, but doing something like that made it messier.  

• Like 2

Not sure if there is any correlation, but BOA had this same issue last November. I know that I’m planning on lining up for both events ASAP from now on.