Brief survey if you attended DCI Finals Saturday

24 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

And what was up with the wall between the 100 & 200 level?  They use to keep it clear except for the 10 corps staff in from of 240.  You couldn't get through from the 100 level with 2-way traffic & the folks standing against the wall.  Crazy 

And the people standing IN THE AISLES talking to people. I said at least 10 times this week that people have no situational awareness. 

• Like 3

I wasn’t paying attention to my watch. I probably got in line about 5:30 no later than 5:45. I got into the stadium about 6:45. The line did not move for about 45 minutes, then suddenly the line moved somewhat slowly but moved.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

1) Lined up approx:  5:15pm

2) Entered approx:  6:10pm  

But this is not the first time that we've had entrance issue through only one gate & minimal scanners.  

It also happened to me at Murfreesboro. (I didn't hear the announcement but think they delayed 30-40 minutes?) There were only 3-4 scanners when they opened.  When they realized they were in trouble, they added for a total of 6-7.  I think the home side at MTSU was a sell out.   

According to social media posts. I think it happened twice at two Texas venues as well.  I know one was Denton.  And it's not the venue issue; it's a DCI issue.

There were also seat & row issues at the Muncie & Tupelo shows. How can you be that ill prepared?    

Mesquite 2018

• Like 1

I walked past the line up to go downtown around 5pm,  came back around 5:30/5:45 and saw the long line, but saw a smaller line of people walking towards the gates so we followed them.  got up to the gate to see the long line was basically growing out of the first 1 or 2 gates,  walked past that and into the line for like the 5th or 6th gate, stood in that for about 5-10 minutes then got our tickets scanned, and my wife opened her purse for them to look into.  then we went into the stadium and were in our seats in time to see the Marines perform

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 11:30 AM, Sasha1 said:

It seems to me that the scanning process also adds more delay going through.  It takes a bunch of scans to get it to sync up.

One thing we learned at Lucas Oil this year: if you have medication they allow you to carry your bag in.

I didn’t attend on Saturday, just Thursday and Friday.  WGI had a similar problem this year of insane lines.

I didn’t know about the meds.  I have one I have to take at 8pm because they have to be taken 12 hours apart.  

On 8/14/2022 at 5:32 PM, keystone3ply said:

And what was up with the wall between the 100 & 200 level?  They use to keep it clear except for the 10 corps staff in from of 240.  You couldn't get through from the 100 level with 2-way traffic & the folks standing against the wall.  Crazy 

Fire hazard. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1

5:15pm started looking for line. It was very confusing. 

Got inside just in time to see Troopers at 

6:45

Even worse than the line was when they announced an intermission and thousands of people scrambled to get to the restrooms only to here the Cadets announced on the field about 10 minutes later.  I was so ######. I did not want to miss the Cadets.  On top of that the scramble to get back in the seats was kinda dangerous. My wife was pushed around by other angry people.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s a fire hazard.  Also people standing by the wall across the 140 section.

I also had an issue in the entranceways, two times I tried to walk in as a corps was setting up, but I saw both fans and corps members blocking the entrance so people couldn’t get through. At intermission it was impossible to move because people were standing on the wall. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1