Brief survey if you attended DCI Finals Saturday

I also witnessed a corps staff member shove his way past a man to get to where the corps staff stands and hold his badge up and say “you see this buddy?! You know what this means?” 

I get that they need to get to where they can watch the show, but shoving people is not the way to do it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

I also witnessed a corps staff member shove his way past a man to get to where the corps staff stands and hold his badge up and say “you see this buddy?! You know what this means?” 

I get that they need to get to where they can watch the show, but shoving people is not the way to do it. 

Entitlement, egos, & (fill in the blank) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

Wow.  I don’t think that would have ended well if he’d pushed the BBMF Marine and waved his badge at him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow.  I don’t think that would have ended well if he’d pushed the BBMF Marine and waved his badge at him.

Same if that person would have put his hands on the Chief. 

• Like 2

Not trying to excuse any rude corps staff, but they too had to fight their way to section 140 due to the spectators that were standing behind section 141.  The corps were limited to 10 staff members.  There were a few times I observed extra staff members bring told they had to leave...and I'm thinking what about the 50 people standing behind 139 and the 50 behind 141.  

Section 140 is also a handicap area with several in wheelchairs.  They had a hell of a time getting in and out.  I can only imagine what would have happened if a fire safety inspector had shown up...actually, I think I know.

DCI and LOS have a lot to discuss this off season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Not trying to excuse any rude corps staff, but they too had to fight their way to section 140 due to the spectators that were standing behind section 141.  The corps were limited to 10 staff members.  There were a few times I observed extra staff members bring told they had to leave...and I'm thinking what about the 50 people standing behind 139 and the 50 behind 141.  

Section 140 is also a handicap area with several in wheelchairs.  They had a hell of a time getting in and out.  I can only imagine what would have happened if a fire safety inspector had shown up...actually, I think I know.

I have never liked that people have been allowed to stand up there and it’s gone on for years.  Heaven help us if we had to get out of there quickly. 

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Same if that person would have put his hands on the Chief. 

Or the Captain. 

• Like 2

In Line : Approx 4pm

In Stadium : Approx 5pm

They had already begun to relax the security checks at that point.

11 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

yeah.. i get it.   if this unfolded as it's reported in this forum then that staff member needs to be reminded what the fans mean to HIM..  i don't care what  your position is.... this is a product they are selling... you think I am going to go outta my way to buy merch from a corp that hires an a$$h0le   probably not.  Will pass by to the other stands.   we buy lots of merch.. we're old guys ..fans attending and going to shows for over 40 years.  I would probably spend my money elsewhere....

12 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

but will they discuss it?  

I'd have been tempted to call the fire safety inspector and tip them off.

• Like 1