Staff Merry-go-round

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

It's all over the abuse chat that I believe was closed. Member left last year during your because of it. 

Ah, I remember now. I’m surprised that wasn’t taken care of before this year. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, college-phan said:

Chances of Phantom getting Rennick back? LOL

On a real note, I really hope Phantom starts looking around immediately for a new color guard staff and they should really spare no expense. You just can't have that sort of toxicity in your organization if you want to be a top-six program.

after watching another amazing finals... PR needs more exposure, content difficulty and difficulty in transition within the guard category.  that's just my opinion... not a comparison..  while we were watching wondered why PR guard felt like an afterthought... 

• Like 4

based on Derrick the voracious FB page, he is leaving the Troopers LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, 27/soa said:

Imagine if your corps had this Caption Head trio:

Harloff

Rennick

Townsend

(2 of the 3 worked together at Crown for many years... until Townsend was made an offer he couldn't refu$e)

The Rennicks both compose. Harloff techs. Different duties.

• Like 1

Man, Cavaliers… I have no idea what is going on over there, but I’m a bit shocked. They were really doing incredible things and got the Cavaliers back to being…. The Cavaliers.

I hope they know a lot more than I do, because from a casual fan’s perspective, it seems like a lot of blame for one tough year.

Hinshaw was let go after 15 Minutes of Fame. That whole production was a bit of a disaster, but I felt like he never had a chance with the show design. After returning a few years later, he created some real visual masterpieces. I hope they don’t move on from him.

While the show design wasn’t what they wanted this year, I always viewed the Cavaliers problems this year as mostly performance based. Hm.

As always, I see no major changes at BD.

As for BAC....as i said in the Boston thread...you have a great creative and instructional staff....DON'T #### WITH IT!!

I mean, seriously...Cipriani and Bently (both of whom I marched with), McNutt, Townsend....if the BOD does ANYTHING to drive any of them away, they deserve what they get.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

As always, I see no major changes at BD.

As for BAC....as i said in the Boston thread...you have a great creative and instructional staff....DON'T #### WITH IT!!

I mean, seriously...Cipriani and Bently (both of whom I marched with), McNutt, Townsend....if the BOD does ANYTHING to drive any of them away, they deserve what they get.

I see no way the BOD would do anything to drive these folks away.   As a matter of fact, the Boston BOD and the names you mentioned are quite close.   

Edited by craiga
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Man, Cavaliers… I have no idea what is going on over there, but I’m a bit shocked. They were really doing incredible things and got the Cavaliers back to being…. The Cavaliers.

I hope they know a lot more than I do, because from a casual fan’s perspective, it seems like a lot of blame for one tough year.

Hinshaw was let go after 15 Minutes of Fame. That whole production was a bit of a disaster, but I felt like he never had a chance with the show design. After returning a few years later, he created some real visual masterpieces. I hope they don’t move on from him.

While the show design wasn’t what they wanted this year, I always viewed the Cavaliers problems this year as mostly performance based. Hm.

I feel the opposite. It was definitely a design issue rather than a performer issue, and they're cleaning house. Hopefully we'll get a fresh drill designer as well as the current changes. I don't really  hold much hope though.

This has been a rough year, imho. Last year was much more enjoyable all around.

• Like 2

I see that Madison lost their visual caption head. I really hope that they can find one as good as Tim Darbonne was.