Staff Merry-go-round

4 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

That's why I just buy tarps from a guy 😉

… in Battery Park … along with a Rolexx 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brassboy said:

If Crown earning 4th is “losing ground,” I know lots of lower-finalist or non-finalist corps who would LOVE to lose ground like that. 

I agree.  But to hear some of the Crown folks talking, it seems as though this year was a huge disappointment them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, craiga said:

I agree.  But to hear some of the Crown folks talking, it seems as though this year was a huge disappointment them.

Yes, but I'd imagine that's mostly due to seeing how strongly Crown did out of the gate but then seeing them lose ground by season's end.

• Like 1

Just now, brassboy said:

Yes, but I'd imagine that's mostly due to seeing how strongly Crown did out of the gate but then seeing them lose ground by season's end.

You may be right...plus the whole God's Hornline thing may have ended up being a bit problematic. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I don't know whose role it is to recruit, but it doesn't seem like it would be one of the big roles of those who announced their departure today. 

Now, if it's a bigger "flawed designs over the years have led fewer students to want to try out," then that makes sense.

I feel for everyone in guard land. You’re expected to not just collaborate with the viz head and PC to figure out staging, gear, choreo, and budget before the season, while you’re in the middle of indoor, but you’re expected to bring talent from your indoor (who just finished shelling out thousands)  to reinforce recruiting for your guard. (and ask them to shell out more cash.)   And for whatever reason if you can’t fill those spots, you’re then scrambling to find bodies that are teachable who can both learn fast (or at least dance well) and pay the dues.  If your students don’t show up for whatever reason, it looks poorly on you. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I don’t feel like Crown lost ground. Boston and Bluecoats simply gained more ground. Crown was terrific, just a bit behind two world class corps performing two of their best shows ever.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, craiga said:

You mean like 6 people on DCP who post the same fetid opinion over and over. Though there are thousands of comments from people on Facebook and YouTube from people who loved the show. But that doesn’t fit the narrative of a “disappointing” year for crown. But don’t let me stop you from carrying on with your version of reality. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

… in Battery Park … along with a Rolexx 

Next time head to IKEA and steal those blue bags! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

As always, I see no major changes at BD.

As for BAC....as i said in the Boston thread...you have a great creative and instructional staff....DON'T #### WITH IT!!

I mean, seriously...Cipriani and Bently (both of whom I marched with), McNutt, Townsend....if the BOD does ANYTHING to drive any of them away, they deserve what they get.

I believe they were already renewed for multiple years after their original 5 year ended.  May have had unconfirmed info tho 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

As a FMM parent and a fan for a couple of decades,I did notice in the Spring that they were still recruiting guard and it concerned me. 

Sounds like the exact same problem that plagued Madison in the last few years before they went co-ed.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2