Staff Merry-go-round

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I'm going to stay away from the subject about adding all genders to the Cavaliers line-up. But if we are talking competitive status, as you mentioned in the first paragraph, my initial reaction is that the 2022 Cavaliers brass and percussion did not have a chance to fully shine due to the music book construction and the overall design of the show.

This all day. Great instructional team and a talented group of musicians, but they could only work with what they were handed for the charts, and the visual program simply didn't live up to what the corps has historically achieved.  It felt like they were on a trajectory in 2019 that would have made them competitively relevant again, but whatever happened in the two years since, they lost their way, programming wise, and it's clear that some sort of change was needed.

Hoping all those who've chosen to move on find the right fits for themselves elsewhere, and that whoever the new programming team is can hit the ground running with a strategy to reinvigorate the corps, competitively.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Recap so far:

Cavaliers:

Daniel Wiles- program/artistic director
Tommy Allen- visual/ guard director
Richard Hinshaw-drill designer
Blake Dutton-guard designer
Geoff Longo- choreographer
Jennifer Hinshaw- movement
Dave McGrath- design consultant

Madison: Tim darbonne visual cap head
BK: tracy carter guard caption head
Crest: Glen CrosbyProgram coordinator 

Am I missing Anyone??
Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It would definitely be a "shake-up" but I won't be surprised to see GH return to the activity as a "consultant" for an OC Corps.  If not 2023, definitely by 2024.

this is the ultimate slap in the face of membership. and contrary to the DCI (rarely followed) mission towards member safety.  

Open class has enough issues without him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

this is the ultimate slap in the face of membership. and contrary to the DCI (rarely followed) mission towards member safety.  

Open class has enough issues without him. 

Not to mention that Open Class members are typically younger than World Class members.  And also tend to have more parental involvement.  I really don't think that any Corps, let alone an OC Corps wants to deal with the ####-storm that will happen if he is hired.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It would definitely be a "shake-up" but I won't be surprised to see GH return to the activity as a "consultant" for an OC Corps.  If not 2023, definitely by 2024.

Uhhh....not only no, but F### no!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

All ick aside, he theoretically couldn't attend their performances per the request of DCI.