Staff Merry-go-round

I always wonder if a teaching staff like BD or Coats all went to a corp say like Pacific Crest.. if there would be a significant difference right away. Of course talent from the members counts but how much would a seasoned staff make a difference right away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I always wonder if a teaching staff like BD or Coats all went to a corp say like Pacific Crest.. if there would be a significant difference right away. Of course talent from the members counts but how much would a seasoned staff make a difference right away.

There would be a big difference right away if they were able to bring their previous corps' budget with them. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Money aside.... do you mean what happened to BAC? 

Prelims 2016 they were 13th 
Semis 16 -- 12th place
Finals 16 -- 12th place 

Then Finals 17 they got 6th or 5th (cant remember in my head right now)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

This is pretty much exactly what happened to Boston. Barely 12th in 2016, 6th in 2017, haven't been out of the top 6 since and just got Silver.

I find it funny that some people didn't get or were confused by the Helen Keller reference.

Regarding  this topic, the staff shakeups are stressful, but I'm looking forward to seeing who is going to replace the various positions. I'm looking forward to seeing what new combinations of people will bring.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Money aside.... do you mean what happened to BAC? 

Prelims 2016 they were 13th 
Semis 16 -- 12th place
Finals 16 -- 12th place 

Then Finals 17 they got 6th or 5th (cant remember in my head right now)

i know at least 3 students who corps jumped due to BAC brass staff changes those years ago. 

27 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

It depends.  Shows start with the design team.   If the teaching staff is given a design that isn't at the level of the top corps, there's only so much room for improvement.  So all other things equal, the 2022 PC may have attracted more members with a change to seasoned teaching staff,  but i wouldn't imagine a significant change in placement.

That being said: PC now hiring program coordinator. This candidate will have a significant impact in design.   How this hiring impacts changes to the design team including visual, brass, percussion, guard, tbd.

51 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

45 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

There would be a big difference right away if they were able to bring their previous corps' budget with them. 

Staff is good.  
Money is better.  
Staff and Money is best. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

It depends.  Shows start with the design team.   If the teaching staff is given a design that isn't at the level of the top corps, there's only so much room for improvement.  So all other things equal, the 2022 PC may have attracted more members with a change to seasoned teaching staff,  but i wouldn't imagine a significant change in placement.

That being said: PC now hiring program coordinator. This candidate will have a significant impact in design.   How this hiring impacts changes to the design team including visual, brass, percussion, guard, tbd.

• Thanks 1