Staff Merry-go-round

On 8/20/2022 at 10:07 AM, Jeff Ream said:

not always. sometimes the working environment isn't worth going back to. sometimes better opportunities come around. only a select few truly get the so called high paying gigs.

And there’s nothing wrong with leaving for more money either; even in fields like the arts, teaching, nonprofits.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2022 at 8:13 AM, Cadet Guardy said:

Keen observation. I remember when Center Grove was in their WGI prime, many were at Cadets with me - I had assumed Avon had many more DCI guard members. 

I believe an exception to this is the featured guard member in Bloo’s 2022 show (the young man who did a lot of the trick tosses and rode shotgun with Lou/Dennis). I’m pretty sure he was the featured soloist in Avon’s championship shows in 2018 and 2019 (and if I’m wrong, I apologize. It looked a lot like him to me.)

21 hours ago, brassboy said:

I believe an exception to this is the featured guard member in Bloo’s 2022 show (the young man who did a lot of the trick tosses and rode shotgun with Lou/Dennis). I’m pretty sure he was the featured soloist in Avon’s championship shows in 2018 and 2019 (and if I’m wrong, I apologize. It looked a lot like him to me.)

That last giant toss at the end…I don’t know how many rotations that thing had but it has to be some kind of record.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, brassboy said:

At the movie theater where I saw the premiere, a group of high school girls who I assume are in a WGI scholastic guard went wild when they saw the young passenger and seemed to know who he was, so I assume he is a WGI heartthrob, whoever he happens to be. All kidding aside, his rifle skills were amazing.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:49 PM, c.l. said:

Maybe not, but in my opinion more entertaining than 2022. 

I think this line of comment is not productive and simply misguided. None of what you are insinuating is useful to anyone at the Cavies or any other corp for that matter. The cavies have no intention to go coed or bend to the whims of the negative .  

14 hours ago, dureau said:

I think this line of comment is not productive and simply misguided. None of what you are insinuating is useful to anyone at the Cavies or any other corp for that matter. The cavies have no intention to go coed or bend to the whims of the negative .  

I said one line and didn’t address what you mentioned at all.

Well.... There you have it folks, Michael Martin and Freddy Martin have both resigned from the Cavaliers which also means Kevin LeBoeuf is next and that makes 8/10 designers resigning, and if Kevin posts publicly that would just make 9 staff members publicly resigning. 

What a turnaround the leadership of this drum corps will have to do to maintain perfomers, recruit them into the buy in process as the biggest section of the drum corps leadership has now left. 

1 minute ago, lifeisaround said:

Well.... There you have it folks, Michael Martin and Freddy Martin have both resigned from the Cavaliers which also means Kevin LeBoeuf is next and that makes 8/10 designers resigning, and if Kevin posts publicly that would just make 9 staff members publicly resigning. 

What a turnaround the leadership of this drum corps will have to do to maintain perfomers, recruit them into the buy in process as the biggest section of the drum corps leadership has now left. 

yikes

I just don't know if the leadership at cavaliers know how to take a step forward from the CEO and/or Corps director 

Edited by lifeisaround