Staff Merry-go-round

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Saucedo isnt what he used to be.  Most people probably dont even remember he wrote for BS.

I wouldn't call his writing BS.

Oh, *for* BS.

I thought 2014 Blue Stars was top notch. But some other years were a little dry (though Cavies fans excited about today's announcement will blamed it on brass pedagogy).

2 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavaliers: https://cavaliers.org/news-blog/2022/9/6/announcing-the-2023-music-design-team?fbclid=IwAR3AyrkJSxZQofdiOwKfVo5-YyGL1KQP3cZMivt2pp5MI3CZwgJ7LtKQoMA

Saucedo- Brass Arranger and Caption Consultant
Starnes- Program Coordinator
McIntosh - Battery and Percussion Arranger
Clif Walker - Front Ensemble Arranger

wooo hooo a return to 3 dynamic levels.....facing front, facing back, and horns down LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 🥺 don't let the Bluecoats change the writers/designers. I love the style and aesthetic that they've had for a while. They'd still be my favorite corps if they changed staff but nothing (at least for me) can compare to their abstract/psychedelic vibe of the 2010s.

i'd imagine any changes there would be if someone wanted to leave

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

2003 should have won all the marbles, and it wasn't close. 

But it wasn’t brass or music design that cost them 1st place in 2003 . It was mostly Visual Performance . 3rd- -5th at 2003 Championships  Percussion was also 2nd - 5th at Championships  ( 4th on Finals Night ) So Cavs  had   non music design issues, performance issues to be precise,  that the 2003 winner BD did not have by comparison in performance execution of their show that season . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

I don’t remember that being the case. Not really sure how 5 gold medals, 2 silver and 2 bronze could be boring. I DO remember the complaint was more to the brass technique/ approach and how it wasn’t Loud or exciting.

for some shows the complaint was louder than others. 2000-2001? few complaints. Same for 04 too. did he write 98 and 99? if so i'd add those to the list of few complaints

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1