Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

2003 should have won all the marbles, and it wasn't close. Probably the best overall program of the 2000-2006 period.

He left after 2008, if I remember correctly, in part because it was rumored he also wasn't a fan of the horn staff's approach to dynamics. Hoping that there are enough makings from the strides made by the recent horn staff to give him and his team a solid foundation.

2003's percussion was a huge albatross

1 minute ago, Boss Anova said:

But it wasn’t brass or music design that cost them 1st place in 2003 . It was mostly Visual Performance . 3rd- -5th at 2003 Championships  Percussion was also was 2nd - 5th st Championships  So Cavs  had performance issues that the 2003 winner BD did not have by comparison . 

That was definitely the issue. The visual and musical design was fantastic. I still regard it as the best show not to win the Championship.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

wooo hooo a return to 3 dynamic levels.....facing front, facing back, and horns down LOL

Reading this makes me laugh because I can picture it in my head. There was a time when the Cavaliers were the best in the biz at playing backfield. I’m hoping for some amazing and LOUD arrangements from Saucedo in 2023. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Reading this makes me laugh because I can picture it in my head. There was a time when the Cavaliers were the best in the biz at playing backfield. I’m hoping for some amazing and LOUD arrangements from Saucedo in 2023. 

well in 02, they had end zone added in with the one visual they did. 

seriously, some of his years were amazing. some...eh. but that can be said of a lot of folks.

6 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Right, I'm going to bring down the corps through some opinions on a silly message board.

I have nothing against the Cavaliers. I have, however, absolutely taken issue with the mass exodus by the design team. Some will cry "they resigned!" as they have for weeks, but that's illogical.

That design team did great things prior to this season, and making wholesale changes made no sense to me. Today's announcements, in my mind, aren't an upgrade. From a design perspective, and if other stories are true, perhaps worse.

If you are excited, then be excited. I don't see why my thoughts (or "likes" - literally LOL) would matter so much to you.

I didn’t mean bring down the corps literally lol. 

19 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

That was definitely the issue. The visual and musical design was fantastic. I still regard it as the best show not to win the Championship.

Fair enough . There have been some others over the years from other corps  too , imo ( Star 93 , Crown ‘15 , SCV ‘88, .. 1 or 2 others )  Spin Cycle had some outstanding visual drill design in particular that season I thought . Michael Gaines at his finest , imo

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well in 02, they had end zone added in with the one visual they did. 

seriously, some of his years were amazing. some...eh. but that can be said of a lot of folks.

To be completely honest, the only years I didn't care for Saucedos writing were 2005 and 2007. 

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

But it wasn’t brass or music design that cost them 1st place in 2003 . It was mostly Visual Performance . 3rd- -5th at 2003 Championships  Percussion was also 2nd - 5th at Championships  ( 4th on Finals Night ) So Cavs  had   non music design issues, performance issues to be precise,  that the 2003 winner BD did not have by comparison in performance execution of their show that season . 

give it a rest. BD dominated Finals week in 2003. Wasn't even close. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1