Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

According to social media, the "implosion" has started with the marching members, other staff members, & the alumni over this event.  Alumni seem to be calling for the BOD to fire the director.  Guess we shall see...

Also another report of another corps having to help financially help with a replacement coach at the end of the tour?  Plus reports of the org taking on more debt & no monies in reserve?  I hope they survive.  

How can you have their success obtained this season just to "dump" these staff members?  Plus the perfect marriage of Aungst & Bocook that makes The Cadets, "The Cadets"?      

I wonder if Scott L. is now having the final laugh?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ironlips said:

Sadly, drum corps has often given evidence of this, particularly in percussion. But it's really a question of perseverance. Think Shellmer, Sanford, Hardimon...etc., all of whose initial innovations (each distinctly "musical" and progressive) were greeted with knee-cracks.

The question is, how long can a corps persevere, suffering those "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune"? (Apologies for the mixed metaphors.)

I would add George Tuthill to that. Garfield let him go after the 71 season, and a good portion of the drumline left, moving to the Cabs where he was also teaching. His percussion score to your 71 brass score was great, though many of the older drum judges were not quite sure what to make of the drumline being split into two with the brass.

30 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Glad I and my family kept our wallets closed this time

Grammar police!!!! Where are you?

I assume you are referring to contributing to the Cadets this season . Given the financial trials and tribulations ALL corps are going through in this post Covid age why would you not chip in to keep the corps you “love” getting down the road? If you are concerned about corps leadership then become active in the organization on a grassroots level to enact change. It’s not that hard. Really. Give it a whirl. If your efforts go south, at least you can say you tried and then move on.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I assume you are referring to contributing to the Cadets this season . Given the financial trials and tribulations ALL corps are going through in this post Covid age why would you not chip in to keep the corps you “love” getting down the road? If you are concerned about corps leadership then become active in the organization on a grassroots level to enact change. It’s not that hard. Really. Give it a whirl. If your efforts go south, at least you can say you tried and then move on.

I don’t love the corps, because I know enough about it

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

If it wasn't hard I don't think Uncle Georgie would have been at the Cadets and YEA! for so long...

Edited by ZTWright
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Glad I and my family kept our wallets closed this time

30 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

"I and my family" is perfectly legitimate English, if that's the grammar you were referring to. It's not normal convention to put the "I" first, but it's allowed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I don’t love the corps, because I know enough about it

Then, move on. Your work is done.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1