Staff Merry-go-round

13 minutes ago, craiga said:

Jeff, am I correct in saying now that with the retirement of Jim Coates, ALL of the original G7 conspirators are no longer in the activity?  If so, GOOD RIDDANCE.  How the mighty have fallen...

some are still involved, just in other capacities...some working for Varsity subsidiaries

12 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

So, who is going into the winter with the fewest changes? Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Boston and SCV seem to have remained pretty static, correct? Crown percussion? Anything else?

Cadets appear to have had some upheaval.

Blue Stars only percussion changes, arguably where they needed to step it up. 

Phantom, visual? Anything else change?

Cavaliers big changes.

i am not sure about Mandarin, Colts, or Troopers.

Based on what we know I would say the corps at the top should see little to no shakeup, and Blue Stars seem to be in the best shape to improve, something they have been doing since 2018. Phantom seems positioned well to move up.

Bluecoats have a new brass caption manager, but it will likely be a net gain.

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i doubt it, because Scott would want the corps to succeed regardless of personalities. he usually only gloats over Iggles games

that's not how he's behaving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

that's not how he's behaving.

expressing dismay and disgust is not the same as having a final laugh. that just shows you don't really know him.

• Like 3

Forgive me if this has been posted in here, but I didn't see it.

According to a former Cadets director... Aungst was fired due to student complaints about his fiery behavior (e.g., waking the corps up when the schedule said they were supposed to be practicing - I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between both sides).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

expressing dismay and disgust is not the same as having a final laugh. that just shows you don't really know him.

I don't know him. Never claimed to. But I know enough to know she >> him

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

According to a former Cadets director... Aungst was fired due to student complaints about his fiery behavior (e.g., waking the corps up when the schedule said they were supposed to be practicing - I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between both sides).

i read that on that guys facebook page, if true its definitely a weird reason to can someone with the success he's had

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

According to a former Cadets director... Aungst was fired due to student complaints about his fiery behavior 

I wouldn't pay attention to ANYTHING Scott or George says, even if it was "the sky is blue"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I don't know him. Never claimed to. But I know enough to know she >> him

well...he never lost in court for mismanaging a non profit set up to give scholarships that never really did. And despite the chaos of 2018, he took a job he didnt really need to take to keep it going...and it seemed things were more stable then than they are now. but then again you used to defend George all the time so there's that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My read on Cadets situation is >> losing TA sucks, but I think his wife being named "artistic director", his one son marching snare with crazy mouth open facial expressions all summer, his other son being the snare tech, Neil's son being a pit member - was all a bit much. Frankly it sadly reminded me of when GH named his GF guard caption head. And I think in the long run the corps would be better off without Darcie. JMO.

• Thanks 2