Staff Merry-go-round

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

well...he never lost in court for mismanaging a non profit set up to give scholarships that never really did. And despite the chaos of 2018, he took a job he didnt really need to take to keep it going...and it seemed things were more stable then than they are now. but then again you used to defend George all the time so there's that

I'm not going to get into a public debate with you on this topic - but things were NOT good under SL. Not even a little bit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Forgive me if this has been posted in here, but I didn't see it.

According to a former Cadets director... Aungst was fired due to student complaints about his fiery behavior (e.g., waking the corps up when the schedule said they were supposed to be practicing - I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between both sides).

Speaking about Cadets Directors, theres a rumor floating around that current Cadets Corps  Director Ron Lambert will no longer be Cadets Corps   Director. 'Hope we can shoot the rumor down as false, as you cant ask for a nicer guy, and competent guy, imo, than Ron..... Also, is it still a rumor, or confirmed that Jim Coats at Crown is stepping down as Crown's Corps Director ?

Edited by Boss Anova

1 minute ago, Boss Anova said:

Speaking about Cadets Directors, theres a rumor floating around that current Cadets Corps Director Ron Lambert will no longer be Cadets Corps Director. 'Hope we can shoot the rumor down as false, as you cant ask for a nicer guy, and competent guy, imo, than Ron..... Also, is it still a rumor, or confirmed that Jim Coats at Crown is stepping down as Crown's Corps Director ?

Can confirm Jim Coates is retiring.  He’s stated it himself.  Officially some time in November I believe.  I am fairly confident Jim Williams (the current CFO) will be the new director but I cannot confirm that for sure.

• Like 3

By his own words, the previous director was cherry-picking only one story/reason for Tom's firing with no supporting details. And, as one would suspect, his post was entirely self-serving. Nonsense to consider it helpful to this thread. 

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

his post was entirely self-serving. Nonsense to consider it helpful to this thread. 

it really is amazing isn't it - it is NOT about the director, OR the volunteer, OR the staff member, OR the designer, OR even the audience member - IT'S ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you'd be surprised what things coming to light and how they have reverberated throughout the drum corps universe. that G7 thing? I leaked it here. phones and emails lit up nationwide. the rumors of Hopghazi started leaking ( and deleted until the article came out) on here 3 months before...and spread like wild fire. so posting on here HAS had an affect on the activity. Joel Moody? Scott Atchinson? both brought up here. 

because its usually people at the grass roots being treated like #### coming here or social media sites

Sometimes, it takes years.  I wasn’t sure I’d live long enough.  There aren’t enough thank yous in the world I can give to Tricia Nadolny for listening to me and telling Robyn’s story.  

• Thanks 5

57 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

By his own words, the previous director was cherry-picking only one story/reason for Tom's firing with no supporting details. And, as one would suspect, his post was entirely self-serving. Nonsense to consider it helpful to this thread. 

Can you please screenshot or copy his post?

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Kevin Shah and Mike Jackson officially percussion/sound designers at Crown. Wow!!

Crown's website announcement still lists Hannum on the creative team. I assume in an advisory capacity? This will be an interesting recipe.

Edited by old skool drmmr