Staff Merry-go-round

1 minute ago, old skool drmmr said:

Crown's website announcement still lists Hannum on the creative team. I assume in an advisory capacity? This will be an interesting recipe.

Yeah, saw that in the article. I think it's a really good thing for continuity, but still have those guys with fresh ideas. Best of both worlds.

24 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

Kevin Shah and Mike Jackson officially percussion/sound designers at Crown. Wow!!

that should provide an interesting design. intriguing to say the least!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

This website hardly looks like a legitimate source of news.

the announcement is out....website updating may be behind a bit

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

My read on Cadets situation is >> losing TA sucks, but I think his wife being named "artistic director", his one son marching snare with crazy mouth open facial expressions all summer, his other son being the snare tech, Neil's son being a pit member - was all a bit much. Frankly it sadly reminded me of when GH named his GF guard caption head. And I think in the long run the corps would be better off without Darcie. JMO.

He was also around for a very long time in the Hopkins era. But somehow ‘knew nothing…’

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Dave Gibbs is still with BD.  (So is Rick Valenzuela.)

Dave and Rick were serving as their respective Corps Directors at the time however. Today, Dave is still at BD, and Rick at SCV. But neither are still Corps Directors there. They are there in other capacities. mostly of a consulting capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

I was surprised by that.  I’m guessing your assumption is fairly accurate.

According to their FB post announcing the new adds, they specifically say "joining" and list Hannum as well.

Edited by wonker

36 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

They're awesome. Had a ton of really great content all summer and have had articles about every staff announcement. They link to the actual press release in the article. Pretty legit.

Fair enough. I didn't doubt that the news was true but the link looks like something that could easily be fake. I would have preferred to see the direct link to Crown's website before another secondary news source.