Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, Tony Flores said:

JHC what in the heck is happening there. 

I'm curious too. His son is also (or was)on their percussion staff. I was just thinking during finals week 6th place and a terrific show they are heading back in the thick of things again. Stability is key.

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You couldn’t take down a corps with momentum any better than this if you were trying.

where's the  Palpatine meme about unlimited power when you need it

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You couldn’t take down a corps with momentum any better than this if you were trying.

Aaaaactually.  I can think of a more effective way.  But ..."been there done that" as the kids say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

where's the  Palpatine meme about unlimited power when you need it

Unlimited_Power_Banner.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fsthnds said:

Heard that several other staff members (brass and visual) had turned in their resignations because of Toms dismissal. Also some looooong term volunteers are upset about Denise's handling of the situation.

What in the world is going on with Cadets, Cavaliers, BK, Phantom, Mandarins, Crown, and whoever else? It's just crazy how much drama circles these corps this year.

Big kudos to Boston, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Colts, and Blue Devils for staying out of this nonsense.

Seriously...

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

Unlimited_Power_Banner.jpg

thanks....work computer isn't meme friendly

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

What in the world is going on with Cadets, Cavaliers, BK, Phantom, Mandarins, Crown, and whoever else? It's just crazy how much drama circles these corps this year.

Big kudos to Boston, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Colts, and Blue Devils for staying out of this nonsense.

Seriously...

Placing my bets on at least one of the lower placing corps sweeping up staff like Tom Hannum or Matt Hartwell and making a big jump in that respective caption. I heard Hartwell was at BD, but I can’t imagine he’d stay as a tech compared to where he used to be.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Seriously...

Ok but to be fair, it’s easy to keep all your staff happy when you’ve had a successful season…

Just now, crownisking said:

Ok but to be fair, it’s easy to keep all your staff happy when you’ve had a successful season…

I guess we should all decide on what constitutes a successful season.

Crown, Cadets, and Phantom Regiment just had good competitive success.

I understand that Crown isn't happy in 4th, but jeesh, the last corps to be unhappy getting 4th was the Cavaliers and where are they now? 4th ain't bad.

Cadets just jumped back into the top 6 and Phantom Regiment just broke 90 for the first time since 2015 at finals.

Heck, SCV is having drama and they placed a very respectable 5th, which should be decently successful the first year after covid.

The corps that weren't very "successful" this year were basically BK, Cavaliers, and Crossmen.

BK looks to have upgraded.

Anyway, too much drama.

Blue Stars have made plenty of staff changes over the years but they have kept Shapiro for what, 15 years? And when they make changes they seem to do it with one caption only, like percussion this year. That leads to great stability.

Corps at the top like Blue Devils and Bluecoats found their team and have built around them. Very little change. Boston appears to be going down that road. 

No doubt a consistent design and instructional staff over years is great for any organization. 

• Like 2