Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

How often is said list updated? Given DCI’s track record a month isn’t a lot

Well, I don't even know if this list exists. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

How often is said list updated? Given DCI’s track record a month isn’t a lot

The only "list" I've been made aware of is the recurring instance of blacklisted members who were dubbed troublesome without recourse, not problematic staff. Members used to be locked out of not just their own corps, but others, without justification, dialogue out the chance to redeem themselves.

It's plain to me that if a such a list of staffers exists, it's a mess, it's incomplete, or is scattered and unorganized across orgs. I have no insider knowledge here. Just survivor accounts and experience working in non profit arts leadership. The proof is in the pudding, what with all the reports of abuse by staffers who then get rehired either at their corps or some other one.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typos
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Typically the case, money talks - I do find it interesting that Tom was fired (apparently) with cause (multiple member complaints) and then another drum corps is comfortable hiring him immediately & I certainly wonder if a thorough vetting process was done. I think the competitive pressures in the activity is part of what leads to the revolving door of (alleged) abusers - Joe and he are friends so the "I know he's a good guy" mentality also kicks in. Joe & Hopkins where also close BITD

Is anyone wondering why Ron left after DB was forcibly retired? That honestly worries me a ton - clearly someone with a first hand view of what actually happened is no ok with it. Please enlighten me if you know more.

It's also yet another example of a white male hiring another white male. Did any POC get an interview?

Something is starting to really reek in this activity, I find myself falling out of love with it - and I know I'm not the only one.

Unfortunately, This Cadet issue is not just TA's dismissal. Look at the big picture, people were dismissed or not re-hired without being informed by management (Denise or Ron). The Board has their hands in this mess.

This is a POOR reflection on the Cadets organization

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, deftguy said:

I did not imply anything, I asked a question. 

This deserves a fact check.  Returning to the post in question... 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:25 PM, deftguy said:

Unfortunately 1 out of 5,6,7 or 10 in leadership would not constitute diversity. How many members of the entire staff on the Cadets are Black? 2?

Okay, fair enough.  You, in fact, did not imply anything.  You just came out and stated it.

And true, you did ask a question.  (Among other things.)

20 hours ago, deftguy said:

You need to pump your brakes here. I asked ONE QUESTION. Can anyone tell me how that is pushing anything?????

Well, the statement before it (and the sarcastic answer after it) are pushing the contention that diversity has not been satisfactorily achieved in some manner somewhere.