Staff Merry-go-round

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and Ricks at the market down town is way better than both. Those two are tourist traps

Best place I've ever been to in Philly, for Atmosphere ,Beer and Food  is McGillin's  Old Ale House on Drury.

Found it years ago by accident ,walking around between the afternoon and evening performance of BLAST,we were in town to see.

Make sure we go there every time we're in town.

27 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Best place I've ever been to in Philly, for Atmosphere ,Beer and Food  is McGillin's  Old Ale House on Drury.

Found it years ago by accident ,walking around between the afternoon and evening performance of BLAST,we were in town to see.

Make sure we go there every time we're in town.

In Chicago we would usually joke that the deep dish pizza was for tourists (it originated in WW2 as a way to use up home garden veggies).  Various tavern pizza is the real deal (I grew up on Calumet City tavern style). 

• Like 2

I’m Sicilian…..I make my own sfincuni (pizza/focaccia) If you’re visiting Tucson, place your order!

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But an oh-so-delicious trap

eh. Ricks or Jims on South Street

On 11/2/2022 at 11:34 AM, fsthnds said:

He is going to have to become a Patriots and Red Sox fan!

Good idea. I see lots of Facebook posts from alums, BAC fans, and a board member at Fenway and Gillette. Tonight a few posted photos from the Garden so you better add Celtics and for good measure the Bruins too.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:34 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

In Chicago we would usually joke that the deep dish pizza was for tourists (it originated in WW2 as a way to use up home garden veggies).  Various tavern pizza is the real deal (I grew up on Calumet City tavern style). 

Absolutely tavern-style.  Chicagoans don’t eat that casserole crap. And the grease better be seeping through the bag by the time I get that pizza home.

I miss pizza so bad.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1