Staff Merry-go-round

6 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Pretty sure Gains had much to do with SCV’s championship show in 2018 - one of my personal favorites of all time and certainly not lackluster. I appreciate their new recent territory discovery, even if 2022 wasn’t my thing. 

It won them a championship but it’s very boring visual design. Takes staging to new levels and not in a good way 

3 hours ago, musicteacher said:

Cappy, way to diss one of the real talents of the activity! Armchair quarterback is the easiest role there is. 

His visual design with the Cavies were incredible. Some of the best of all time. Not so much with SCV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, which is just that. I find it rich that you denigrate the efforts of people like Hannum and Gaines. They are two of the great creative figures of the time, people who have risked and made considerable contributions to the activity. At the risk of being accused of an "ad hominem attack," what have you accomplished in this activity? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I had heard from members that he was trying to get members to march and rehearse on injuries that they should have been sitting out for. I also heard he said we are in a post technique world and didn't bother to teach technique

They had one parent on social media (FB?) questioning why her son was being pressured to rehearse with COVID. She sounded like a rookie parent but not if the issue was resolved. 

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

And the 'Finding Nirvana' ending wasn't one of the most beautiful ending I've ever witnessed in drum corps. 🙄

I guess you didn't find 'Nirvana'? 😁

You spelled predictable and boring wrong. SCV and Cavies had the same problem this season. I've seen both of those shows done better, by high school marching band. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, musicteacher said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, which is just that. I find it rich that you denigrate the efforts of people like Hannum and Gaines. They are two of the great creative figures of the time, people who have risked and made considerable contributions to the activity. At the risk of being accused of an "ad hominem attack," what have you accomplished in this activity? 

13 posts and coming in guns a blazing. Boring safe drill wins but Weber was more entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1