Staff Merry-go-round

3 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Speak for yourself. After 10 years and 12,000+ posts, I think we all have enough information to make our own judgments about "Cappy's" content. 

EDIT: **This should not be read as me being in agreement with cappybara on this issue, or necessarily any others.** :lol:

I like him. He’s direct.  You know where you stand with him. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Moderator hat here:

Please refrain from making personal comments about posters. Discuss the topic, not a person’s personal viewpoint.

Thanks

MikeD has bad taste in football teams.

i know, i share that bad taste

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm pretty SCV 2018 begs to differ.

On the other hand, you don't like Goodfella's pizzeria, so that lines up with this opinion.

🤣

😂

For what it’s worth I did give goodfella’s another chance and it was better than I remembered but not my favorite pizza in Indy. I highly recommend you check out King Dough. Excellent pizza 

SCV 2018 is a standout in terms of Gaines’ visual programs from 2017-2022 but I honestly can’t find myself remembering any visual moments in that show apart from the horn snap in the ballad and the final set with the props lined up together with the hornline on them. It was certainly a good visual program to win a championship as it ticked all the boxes that the judges were looking for in regards to staging but it wasn’t the most visually interesting program to watch. Weber’s design didn’t win medals, but it certainly was memorable and colorful. Speaking of, what‘s with Gaines’ aversion to color? This past year was particularly egregiously bland

• Like 2

5 hours ago, musicteacher said:

Gaines "boarderline boring?" Cappy, the ease with which you can be so judgmental about a highly creative and influential is breathtaking. 

Why thank you! I’m blushing 

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

😂

For what it’s worth I did give goodfella’s another chance and it was better than I remembered but not my favorite pizza in Indy. I highly recommend you check out King Dough. Excellent pizza 

SCV 2018 is a standout in terms of Gaines’ visual programs from 2017-2022 but I honestly can’t find myself remembering any visual moments in that show apart from the horn snap in the ballad and the final set with the props lined up together with the hornline on them. It was certainly a good visual program to win a championship as it ticked all the boxes that the judges were looking for in regards to staging but it wasn’t the most visually interesting program to watch. Weber’s design didn’t win medals, but it certainly was memorable and colorful. Speaking of, what‘s with Gaines’ aversion to color? This past year was particularly egregiously bland

Thanks for the suggestion on the pizza!

Fair enough about Gaines, but I found 2018 fit his drill writing style, while being modern. I think the emphasis had shifted to propaloosa in 2017 with Ouroboros, which was a masterful use of drill, props, and guard integration. 2018 continued the excellent use of props. 2019 was a step down, and this year I wasn't as into SCV's drill and prop usage, but awe inspiring drill is probably not being rewarded the same way it used to be.

The whole color thing.... Who is in charge of that? I would love to know the theory behind the monochrome color palette in DCI. Remember, a bunch of corps were in white this year. The rest of the color went to the Bluecoats... Yeah, they took all the color this year, except blue, which was already taken by the Devils....

17 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Thanks for the suggestion on the pizza!

Fair enough about Gaines, but I found 2018 fit his drill writing style, while being modern. I think the emphasis had shifted to propaloosa in 2017 with Ouroboros, which was a masterful use of drill, props, and guard integration. 2018 continued the excellent use of props. 2019 was a step down, and this year I wasn't as into SCV's drill and prop usage, but awe inspiring drill is probably not being rewarded the same way it used to be.

The whole color thing.... Who is in charge of that? I would love to know the theory behind the monochrome color palette in DCI. Remember, a bunch of corps were in white this year. The rest of the color went to the Bluecoats... Yeah, they took all the color this year, except blue, which was already taken by the Devils....

A completely out there idea?  Color paper has been #### near impossible to source for over a year now, due to supply issues.  MAYBE color dye was hard to source for textiles as well?

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 10:57 PM, Jeff Ream said:

Jeremy Seneca to be visual designer for BK

My high school drill writer for four years! He definitely can write complex drill, hope he does well !

• Like 1