Staff Merry-go-round

Regarding the new Crown director, as I mentioned on the BAC thread a few days ago, I hope he discontinues the boycott of Boston's shows.  It would be great to have Crown resume performing at these shows, which are always well attended and sure to give Crown a warm welcome.   If they could join BAC, Cadets, Spirit and Music City up here in New England, it would be a true eastern show,  imo. In any event, I wish them well with their new director.  They are most certainly trading up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DCFAN22 said:

Is Beddis still at Crossmen?  He is listed as being on the design team and caption manager

May be an image of 9 people, beard and text that says 'CROSSMEN DRUM & BUGLE CORPS 2023 DESIGN STAFF ED DEVLIN PROGRAM DIRECTOR LEE BEDDIS BATTERY ARRANGER DREW SHANEFIELD ALAN MILLER BRASS ARRANGER FRONT ENSEMBLE ARRANGER N200 INDUC TIM FAIRBANKS DRILL VISUAL DESIGN TIM MIKAN COLOR GUARD DESIGN JOSÉ PEÑA COLOR GUARD DESIGN AL CHEZ PROGRAM CONSULTANT'

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Coates may say he's retiring, but highly doubtful he won't be heavily involved in decision making.

Heavily involved ? Well if so , that would seem to  diminish the authority of the new hire , Joe Roach , as a Corps Director with much authority to put his own stamp on things there at Crown . We have already seen what can occur when Corps Director’s decisions are “ heavily involved “ by others … and it’s not pretty . Hopefully , Joe Roach will be able to assume the same level of decision making powers that he had at Music City … or at least he understands his role and is on board with it as it relates to the “ retiring “Jim Coates if Coates is still to be “ heavily involved “ in the decision making there at Carolina Crown .

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Coates may say he's retiring, but highly doubtful he won't be heavily involved in decision making.

I don't understand this. Is he retiring or not?  They did just announce a new corps director. 

10 hours ago, DCFAN22 said:

Is Beddis still at Crossmen?  He is listed as being on the design team and caption manager

8 hours ago, Dave Scott said:

May be an image of 9 people, beard and text that says 'CROSSMEN DRUM & BUGLE CORPS 2023 DESIGN STAFF ED DEVLIN PROGRAM DIRECTOR LEE BEDDIS BATTERY ARRANGER DREW SHANEFIELD ALAN MILLER BRASS ARRANGER FRONT ENSEMBLE ARRANGER N200 INDUC TIM FAIRBANKS DRILL VISUAL DESIGN TIM MIKAN COLOR GUARD DESIGN JOSÉ PEÑA COLOR GUARD DESIGN AL CHEZ PROGRAM CONSULTANT'

If what I'd heard rumored is true, one of the current battery staff members is taking over as the arranger. I don't believe any of the 2022 Crossmen staff is going with Lee to Cadets.

14 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Wow this is fantastic. Joe Roche's energy will be a huge asset to Crown. I LOVE that guy. 

Great move, GREAT move by Cadets. 

i saw online that some Cadets alumni were blasting the decisions because of a lack of diversity, but some of those announced posted and said they understood the concerns and it was on their radar to work on

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i saw online that some Cadets alumni were blasting the decisions because of a lack of diversity, but some of those announced posted and said they understood the concerns and it was on their radar to work on

Jeff, do you suppose half of the alumni who were talking about lack of diversity even know that the Cadets' corps director is African American?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I was talking to an alum from the 90s yesterday that said "did you see the announcement? a bunch of old white men."  He said it was the best they could do with how poorly they handled everything else. 

• Like 1