Staff Merry-go-round

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Has Lee Beddis mellowed, at all, over the years? I used to hear stories about him being a hardcore a** kicker back in the early '90s. His reputation was quite intimidating during that era. 

Having marched under Lee a number of years ago. The activity as a whole has mellowed but Lee still expects hard work at a high level. It just doesn't involve pushups or running anymore. I never felt demeaned by him back then but he is going to push you to be great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Is anybody back from last year? I thought Brad Green was doing a solid job with brass arrangements.

Brad Kerr Green isn't coming back for 2023.  There's some synergies with Loney and some of the other design staff, and I had hoped he would get a shot at arranging for PC.  It's bittersweet as Brad was his caption head at Madison and now one of his former students takes over arranging. 

Loney has accomplished a lot in a short time at his marching band program, and I believe he can do the same at PC.

The brass, visual, and colorguard teaching staff are for the most part unchanged. 

I'm optimistic that corps has the team to finally make a push into finals... hopefully they'll have a good number of veteran members that come back for 2023.

Edited by Metalbinky

14 hours ago, craiga said:

Jeff, do you suppose half of the alumni who were talking about lack of diversity even know that the Cadets' corps director is African American?

i do believe so yes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I was talking to an alum from the 90s yesterday that said "did you see the announcement? a bunch of old white men."  He said it was the best they could do with how poorly they handled everything else. 

i have seen that too.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, 2000Cadet said:

Wow this is fantastic. Joe Roche's energy will be a huge asset to Crown. I LOVE that guy. 

Great move, GREAT move by Cadets. 

It's a good move to stop the bleeding after what has transpired. Not sure how it effects them in performance other than don't drop from 2022.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:21 AM, Metalbinky said:

I've heard that Phantom is going to march bent leg this year.  We'll see if the rumors hold true after the first camp, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Lord I hope not!!!

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

It's a good move to stop the bleeding after what has transpired. Not sure how it effects them in performance other than don't drop from 2022.

We obviously won't know that until the season starts. 🤔