Staff Merry-go-round

13 hours ago, supersop said:
14 hours ago, deftguy said:

Unfortunately 1 out of 5,6,7 or 10 in leadership would not constitute diversity. How many members of the entire staff on the Cadets are Black? 2?

A.  I'm not sure I care

B.  People of Color and Minorities at the board level - 8 of 16

Management level - 3 of 5

Support staff level 10 of 17

Instructional staff level 22 of 65

Again .. I don't care... but why can't you all just look this up on their website?  This is public information.  And why are you pushing so hard to create a problem that isn't there?

CAE Board has 2 

Management Level (Admin) has 0 

The support staff page is completely outdated but it has 2 currently listed on there.... 

Not making this a "thing" or whatever but those numbers you pulled out are not correct 

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I was hoping this was going to happen!  Exciting!

https://musiccityyouth.org/news/music-city-adds-tom-aungst-as-ensemble-coordinator

Mercy. The expectations just got higher in Music City. Really looking forward to this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I was hoping this was going to happen!  Exciting!

https://musiccityyouth.org/news/music-city-adds-tom-aungst-as-ensemble-coordinator

Congratulations to Music City!  Can't wait to see them soar!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

CAE Board has 2 

Management Level (Admin) has 0 

The support staff page is completely outdated but it has 2 currently listed on there.... 

Not making this a "thing" or whatever but those numbers you pulled out are not correct 

But I do love my brown, mixed, black, asian, pacific islander, latin, gender minority LMNOP friends there at Cadets.  I won't try to change your mind about the definition of diversity or color ... or why it even matters.   As said, they are good people doing a good job for the right reasons .... no matter what shade, gender or creed they are.

Beyond that, I'm not going deeper into this conversation.  You have an agenda.  I get it.  Best of luck with that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Oh dang. Music City has been on tap for a lightning in a  bottle show for awhile now. Chances of a strike just went up!

• Like 2