Staff Merry-go-round

22 hours ago, supersop said:

A.  I'm not sure I care

B.  People of Color and Minorities at the board level - 8 of 16

Management level - 3 of 5

Support staff level 10 of 17

Instructional staff level 22 of 65

Again .. I don't care... but why can't you all just look this up on their website?  This is public information.  And why are you pushing so hard to create a problem that isn't there?

You need to pump your brakes here. I asked ONE QUESTION. Can anyone tell me how that is pushing anything?????

You really need to chill on the overactive emotions.

• Like 3

I don't know much about Music City's financial stability but I certainly hope they are writing checks with these staff additions that their bank accounts can handle. These guys certainly aren't coming cheap.

I think we've seen enough corps go belly up because they expand outside their means too fast. I'll be happy for them if this end up being successful but these are big moves in a rough financial environment for the activity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deftguy said:

You need to pump your brakes here. I asked ONE QUESTION. Can anyone tell me how that is pushing anything?????

You really need to chill on the overactive emotions.

Please don't imply racism against a diverse organization.  That is what your statement was pointing at.  It's ill informed, very narrow in it's view and flat out wrong.  I'm not going to apologize for calling you out.

This is a staff change thread.  The original post you made has no business being here as it has nothing to do with the topic.  If you read me as being intense in my response .. good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, supersop said:

Please don't imply racism against a diverse organization.  That is what your statement was pointing at.  It's ill informed, very narrow in it's view and flat out wrong.  I'm not going to apologize for calling you out.

This is a staff change thread.  The original post you made has no business being here as it has nothing to do with the topic.  If you read me as being intense in my response .. good.

I did not imply anything, I asked a question. You are reading FAR, FAR, FAR, too much into my question.  If you didn't like that question, you could have bounced on to the next one. You are supersop, not supercop, so relax, and move that flag pole out of thine nether region. 

I don't want your apology, and I didn't ask you a dang thing. There are a lot of posts that shouldn't be here, why don't you go play supercop with those. 

Edited by deftguy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

👀

https://www.arizonaacademy.org/2022/10/11/corps-director-announcement/

👀

So these dropped same day. Are there two different Dan Adamses in the activity? Fairly common name I spose.

oh my

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

I don't know much about Music City's financial stability but I certainly hope they are writing checks with these staff additions that their bank accounts can handle. These guys certainly aren't coming cheap.

I think we've seen enough corps go belly up because they expand outside their means too fast. I'll be happy for them if this end up being successful but these are big moves in a rough financial environment for the activity.

seems like the guy running the purse strings now has more control of them.

8 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

👀

https://www.arizonaacademy.org/2022/10/11/corps-director-announcement/

👀

So these dropped same day. Are there two different Dan Adamses in the activity? Fairly common name I spose.

Wow. There is a percussionist Dan Adams (Director of Percussion Studies at Seattle Pacific U), but he is also a recording & touring artist. I think this is the visual guy involved in the drum corps activity? 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow. There is a percussionist Dan Adams (Director of Percussion Studies at Seattle Pacific U), but he is also a recording & touring artist. I think this is the visual guy involved in the drum corps activity?

If so, we marched together for 2.5 seasons.

Also if so, he's another one, of so many people promoted within the industry at the leadership level, that was witness to the abusive culture I brought to light in my public report from April... and still hasn't said a word to me or publicly about it. Fine. My time is long over.

So in the end, these reports on reddit that he perpetuated harm at SOA as caption head and Phantom as a tech must just be coincidence. ✌️

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

seems like the guy running the purse strings now has more control of them.

Typically the case, money talks - I do find it interesting that Tom was fired (apparently) with cause (multiple member complaints) and then another drum corps is comfortable hiring him immediately & I certainly wonder if a thorough vetting process was done. I think the competitive pressures in the activity is part of what leads to the revolving door of (alleged) abusers - Joe and he are friends so the "I know he's a good guy" mentality also kicks in. Joe & Hopkins where also close BITD

Is anyone wondering why Ron left after DB was forcibly retired? That honestly worries me a ton - clearly someone with a first hand view of what actually happened is no ok with it. Please enlighten me if you know more.

It's also yet another example of a white male hiring another white male. Did any POC get an interview?

Something is starting to really reek in this activity, I find myself falling out of love with it - and I know I'm not the only one.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3