Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t know what to say

hope no one gets stabbed during the show

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Ah, in the reddit thread about him,  DFTK was brought up. I don't have any other horse in this race. 

Without being graphic, can someone remind me why WP is an issue?  

Also, seems to be a lack of women on the team in top leadership positions.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
further pontification

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Without being graphic, can someone remind me why WP is an issue?  

For me, his brass arrangements with Phantom Regiment were uninspiring and his program design (as coordinator) were downright abysmal. With him as program coordinator, the Regiment took a major step back in terms of design team hires. I'm not suggesting that was all his fault (e.g., the Regiment board and donors opened up their pocketbooks with the current design team, so money talks), but it seems he couldn't surround himself with good design hires and make good design decisions. During his four years (with last two as program coordinator) with Regiment, they floundered from 8th to 12th. He was also brass arranger at Spirit in 2015 when they finished 18th (while just two years removed from finals, they did finish just 17th the year before he arrived). 

In total, I would like for him to be involved in drum corps, but I don't think he should have a loud voice in design. If he had been able to attract better designers to surround himself with at Regiment, things might have worked out better - more input from smart people. I suspect that he's probably in a good role at Spirit, and I don't think Spirit fans should be worried. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

For me, his brass arrangements with Phantom Regiment were uninspiring and his program design (as coordinator) were downright abysmal. With him as program coordinator, the Regiment took a major step back in terms of design team hires. I'm not suggesting that was all his fault (e.g., the Regiment board and donors opened up their pocketbooks with the current design team, so money talks), but it seems he couldn't surround himself with good design hires and make good design decisions. During his four years (with last two as program coordinator) with Regiment, they floundered from 8th to 12th. He was also brass arranger at Spirit in 2015 when they finished 18th (while just two years removed from finals, they did finish just 17th the year before he arrived). 

In total, I would like for him to be involved in drum corps, but I don't think he should have a loud voice in design. If he had been able to attract better designers to surround himself with at Regiment, things might have worked out better - more input from smart people. I suspect that he's probably in a good role at Spirit, and I don't think Spirit fans should be worried. 

OK - thanks.  It seemed that there were whispers of some sort of misbehavior.  Guess I thought There was something there that isn't there.

I don't know squat about his qualifications and abilities,  but if he can help make SOA relevant again, more power to him. 

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK - thanks.  It seemed that there were whispers of some sort of misbehavior.  Guess I thought There was something there that isn't there.

That has been directed at a different person in the picture. I believe it has been posted on facebook comments of the announcement. 

It has since been removed. 

Edited by inbetween
updating.
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, inbetween said:

That has been directed at a different person in the picture. I believe it has been posted on facebook comments of the announcement. 

It has since been removed. 

OK thanks.

Coming off a forced time-out for member mistreatment it boggles the mind that they would hire someone with such a background.  

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

By all accounts, he would be a tremendous hire in this regard. Putting the member experience first. (though maybe not competitive experience 🙂)

I’m not sure if this has been posted already, but Scott Litzenberg announced on his Facebook page that he’s been hired by Boston Crusaders as Administrative Coordinator. The link is to the corps website so it must be official. He also announced it took him five tries to solve Wordle today, but that’s not all that pertinent.🙂

Edited by Tim K