Staff Merry-go-round

39 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

And of course, the Blue Devils had no show last year..."serious" (whatever that really means) or not...and they won their 20th title. 

the size of Cavies guard last year means nothing given what last year was in the world. the only 2 corps i see truly benefitting from last year was Phantom and Cadets for alumni friendly shows that raised $$$. and of course we see what last year did to Spirit. Probably hurt Surf with recruiting not being out at all

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Good, bad, or ugly....the phrase "give it a few years" and modern day drum corps don't mix. Kids nor their parents are juiced about paying $5K to be part of a "maybe it will work" rebuilding experiment. The Cavaliers have a brand built around the brotherhood of an All-Male corps. I don't work for nor speak for the organization, but my semi-educated opinion of the organizations priorities says this issue isn't even on the list of things to consider moving forward. 

Your question of how Madison's done since adding women smacks of someone complaining that there wasn't an immediate just into the top 6 ONLY because women have been added to the program.

That's NOT how it works..

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Good, bad, or ugly....the phrase "give it a few years" and modern day drum corps don't mix. Kids nor their parents are juiced about paying $5K to be part of a "maybe it will work" rebuilding experiment. The Cavaliers have a brand built around the brotherhood of an All-Male corps. I don't work for nor speak for the organization, but my semi-educated opinion of the organizations priorities says this issue isn't even on the list of things to consider moving forward. 

well...no.

Blucoats after 99 made wholesale changes. got their first medal in 2010, championship in 16.

Crown made huge changes after 02. first medal 09, first championship in 13.

Boston huge changes after 16. first medal in 22.

Cadets...many many changes during 18. just now back in top 6. 

Colts 15 years between finals appearances.

Troopers 13 years between finals appearances.

Phantom a slide down starting around 14 that had them almost out of finals in 19. back up to 8th this year.

so sorry you're being unrealistic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Blucoats after 99 made wholesale changes. got their first medal in 2010, championship in 16.

Crown made huge changes after 02. first medal 09, first championship in 13.

Boston huge changes after 16. first medal in 22.

Cadets...many many changes during 18. just now back in top 6. 

Colts 15 years between finals appearances.

Troopers 13 years between finals appearances.

Phantom a slide down starting around 14 that had them almost out of finals in 19. back up to 8th this year.

so sorry you're being unrealistic.

For clarity, what am I being unrealistic about?  I’m not proposing Cavaliers do a full rebuild. Most of your examples did?

Not arguing… seeking clarity… 

Just now, PopcornEater1963 said:

For clarity, what am I being unrealistic about?  I’m not proposing Cavaliers do a full rebuild. Most of your examples did?

Not arguing… seeking clarity… 

Rome wasn't built in a day. even if its just one caption. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

DCI has the 6 ft rule that you must have railings, but it's not enforced - Boston is a good example of not following the guidelines.

Complying with the  DCI rule, isn't the primary concern.

Its OSHA.

As far as I know, any open sided platform , 6'  or more above grade, requires a railing . If that isn't practical  other methods like a safety belt may be used.

If someone gets hurt, and they find that there was an OSHA violation , the corps and possibly DCI ,if they aren't enforcing not only their own rules, but OSHA too, has a very big problem.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, seinphan said:

Blue Knights need major changes. That show was way too hard for them and it just didn't work. At all.

I think their staff was entirely new for this season so I don't think they're in a big turnarond position right now