Staff Merry-go-round

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Staff is good.  
Money is better.  
Staff and Money is best. 

Forgive me, as this is a years old story, but I once had a chance during Finals week to pick the brain of the analytics company DCI used. One of the tidbits they told me at the time was the corps with the highest average age won every single year they'd tracked it.  I'm sure it's probably varied a bit since then, but it's still food for thought/discussion.

Mike

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so the Tarpon connection is not as prominent?

Actually, very few these days.

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

Actually, very few these days.

wow. because there's a ton of talent down there

19 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Forgive me, as this is a years old story, but I once had a chance during Finals week to pick the brain of the analytics company DCI used. One of the tidbits they told me at the time was the corps with the highest average age won every single year they'd tracked it.  I'm sure it's probably varied a bit since then, but it's still food for thought/discussion.

Mike

Money may not help a Corps win, but lack of money can certainly contribute to a Corps losing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

wow. because there's a ton of talent down there

I agree.  But the auditions last December resulted in tons of Texas college music majors showing up an earning spots.  It was a very mature corps this year.

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Money may not help a Corps win, but lack of money can certainly contribute to a Corps losing

Or disappearing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

Of course. Corps that have stable, well reputable staff, a solid administration, good food, good move-in location, nice busses etc draw in the best members, who will be the older ones, usually ones that marched other corps that didn't have any of the nice things. (Notice none of those things are props or electronics)

I wish people would stop acting like corps that figured out a way to raise money and provide an excellent member experience is somehow a bad thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 8:07 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

The Cavaliers toured in 2021. 

And I don't see Crown and SCV making major staffing changes

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

I wish people would stop acting like corps that figured out a way to raise money and provide an excellent member experience is somehow a bad thing.

Or that corps that continue to struggleare paragons of drum corps purity.