Staff Merry-go-round

Hope BK can address the design issues they had this year.

Sad to see this happen to them yet again.   The kids were far too talented.  I can’t help but wonder if they felt let down.

Edited by wormster79
Typo

1 hour ago, wormster79 said:

Hope BK can address the design issues they had this year.

Sad to see this happen to them yet again.   The kids were far too talented.  I can’t help but wonder if they felt let down.

BK have consistently produced some of my favorite shows since 2014. I realize a sizable chunk of the creative team left after 2019, but Jay Bocook and Jay Murphy were both design consultants this season: I’m a bit baffled how the program hit the field as it did with such seasoned eyes and ears in the wings.

I believe in BK and in their new director; Daniel will right the ship now that he has a season-ish under his belt.

Edited by arabica
  • Like 1

Yes, I certainly agree about their new Director.  He seems like such an inspirational figure!   Here’s hoping BK can build on this experience and ultimately come back stronger for it!

• Like 1

BK's issues were largely transition pains. Ascend arts is a solid backing for the corps and its endeavors and there were both creative and director changes...during the pandemic break no less.   Their director was last on the competitive field as their Drum major. He'll grow into the role and have the guidance of the board and such as it goes.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

BK's issues were largely transition pains. Ascend arts is a solid backing for the corps and its endeavors and there were both creative and director changes...during the pandemic break no less.   Their director was last on the competitive field as their Drum major. He'll grow into the role and have the guidance of the board and such as it goes.  

I think they need to figure out how to get the winter group into the summer group. They flip flopped with the winter group making finals for the first time in ages while the corps slipped. Currently I would bet the drums are mainly coming from Veritas since that's where the caption directs. 

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

They posted early and deleted it because of the rule but quick glance from another post looked like same faces. 

I wonder if David Starnes , formally of WNC Pride of the mountains and Kennasaw Mtn. Marching band will be the director ?