Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, lifeisaround said:

I just don't know if the leadership at cavaliers know how to take a step forward from the CEO and/or Corps director 

Is Mike McIntosh a "program coordinator" kind of guy? Cavies management clearly like him - he's weathered a couple of upheavals now. Maybe they should put him in charge of the program and let him build a design team.

Edited by kdaddy

Well.... There you have it folks, Michael Martin and Freddy Martin have both resigned from the Cavaliers which also means Kevin LeBoeuf is next and that makes 8/10 designers resigning, and if Kevin posts publicly that would just make 9 staff members publicly resigning. 

What a turnaround the leadership of this drum corps will have to do to maintain perfomers, recruit them into the buy in process as the biggest section of the drum corps leadership has now left. 

The 2022 Cavaliers design team was not going to get this corps to the next level. They unfortunately were not the answer. If they’re happy with a 5th-8th place every year then keeping it would’ve worked. The show design was not there this year. Even if Covid hadn’t happened the best this corps could’ve reached was maybe, if lucky, 7th????? It was obvious that the judges weren’t buying into the design as well as the guard technique/book seemed outdated and due for a change. Sometimes change is good. It’s definitely exciting lol. I’m not going to be doom and gloom unless the replacements are meh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just don't know if the leadership at cavaliers know how to take a step forward from the CEO and/or Corps director 

Not the issue… but okay. This isn’t a Madison Scouts type situation.

Edited by GREENBLUE

2 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

Well.... There you have it folks, Michael Martin and Freddy Martin have both resigned from the Cavaliers which also means Kevin LeBoeuf is next and that makes 8/10 designers resigning, and if Kevin posts publicly that would just make 9 staff members publicly resigning. 

What a turnaround the leadership of this drum corps will have to do to maintain perfomers, recruit them into the buy in process as the biggest section of the drum corps leadership has now left. 

Wonder if they will be tending to Spirit exclusively, i thought i briefly saw their name mentioned when spirit published the quickly brought down their staff list 

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

The 2022 Cavaliers design team was not going to get this corps to the next level. They unfortunately were not the answer. If they’re happy with a 5th-8th place every year then keeping it would’ve worked. The show design was not there this year. Even if Covid hadn’t happened the best this corps could’ve reached was maybe, if lucky, 7th????? It was obvious that the judges weren’t buying into the design as well as the guard technique/book seemed outdated and due for a change. Sometimes change is good. It’s definitely exciting lol. I’m not going to be doom and gloom unless the replacements are meh.

isn't this the same team from 16-19?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

isn't this the same team from 16-19?

Yes. And again if they’re happy with 5th-9th then keep them together. In 2017 they were fourth by like .0175 or something ridiculous. 
2016: 5th 2017:4th 2018:6th 2019:5th 2022:9th  (5 year average placement 6th).

Edited by GREENBLUE

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:
4 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

Not the issue… but okay. This isn’t a Madison Scouts type situation.

You don't think the fact that 11 members have resigned right after finals and both the CEO and Corps Director aren't really "Drum Corps Educators" in the current system is a problem.... Interesting that corps director no longer play into the effect of hiring the Ed Staff to keep them in the top 5

• Like 2

You don't think the fact that 11 members have resigned right after finals and both the CEO and Corps Director aren't really "Drum Corps Educators" in the current system is a problem.... Interesting that corps director no longer play into the effect of hiring the Ed Staff to keep them in the top 5

So do you know for a fact that all 11 staff “resigned”??? Just asking.