Staff Merry-go-round

6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Yes. And again if they’re happy with 5th-9th then keep them together. In 2017 they were fourth by like .0175 or something ridiculous. 
2016: 6th 2017:4th 2018:6th 2019:5th 2022:9th  (5 year average placement 6th).

and you realize the competition is deeper than ever right? this isn't the Cadevaliers years

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:
  6 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Yes. And again if they’re happy with 5th-9th then keep them together. In 2017 they were fourth by like .0175 or something ridiculous. 
2016: 6th 2017:4th 2018:6th 2019:5th 2022:9th  (5 year average placement 6th).

Actually. 2016 was a 5th place finish. Coming off the crazy end to the 2015 “rotovirus” season. Doesn’t change your point, but I figure our guys fought hard for that top 5 in 2016… so I’m gonna recognize they got it. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Actually. 2016 was a 5th place finish. Coming off the crazy end to the 2015 “rotovirus” season. Doesn’t change your point, but I figure our guys fought hard for that top 5 in 2016… so I’m gonna recognize they got it. 😀

Thanks! Lol. Did it in a hurry. I loved Propaganda BTW. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

You don't think the fact that 11 members have resigned right after finals and both the CEO and Corps Director aren't really "Drum Corps Educators" in the current system is a problem.... Interesting that corps director no longer play into the effect of hiring the Ed Staff to keep them in the top 5

The current CEO came on board in early summer 2019, had no competitive season to consider at all in 20 and 21, and had only this last summer to evaluate the work of the design staff. No one is disputing that the 2022 show was, to be kind,  'underwhelming', are they?  

Keeping the old team together as they were would have been much more worrisome than making the call that it's time to look for a new team to take the lead..

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

So do you know for a fact that all 11 staff “resigned”??? Just asking.

Yes — they all resigned publicly on facebook….. or else I wouldn’t have shared it… 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

Yes — they all resigned publicly on facebook….. or else I wouldn’t have shared it… 

I don’t think you understood my question. 
hence my quotations around “resigned”. There is a difference between “resigned” in public forums v. “Let go” behind closed doors. So again I ask…how do you if each “resigned” v. “Let Go”? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and you realize the competition is deeper than ever right? this isn't the Cadevaliers years

ehh - I'm not even sure about that anymore

The more I reflect on 22 the worse I think it was

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

ehh - I'm not even sure about that anymore

The more I reflect on 22 the worse I think it was

it had moments. IMO i think SCV underwhelmed as much as Cavies, but no one is freaking out about that

• Like 2