Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Who knows? I'm not saying that he was relieved of his duties, but I'd say that he was tied to Michael Martin and that pedagogical team. In my mind, whether he was fired or he resigned is academic - the Cavaliers organization has created an environment where he no longer belonged (either by their hand or his). Same with the brass designer and main pedagogical guys. 

All of this may work out in the end, but I just don't see it. 

The real question is at this point is where do they go??? The brass teams at the top seem to be set, so no openings there. If they’re a package deal (Martin/LeBeouf/Dickey) we need to see some openings to accommodate the three of them.  Possibly SOA?? Martin is arranger and has the ties. Time will only tell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, corps8294 said:

The Cavaliers had a triple whammy this season; Covid, bad show design, and a tired theme. Shows about clocks and time are about as stale as Appalachian Spring, The four seasons, West Side Story, Romeo and Juliet, Heaven and Hell, and Pat Methany's most well known hits. 

I’d pay to watch Appalachian Spring be performed on the 100 yard stage again.   

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RContra said:

I'll triple the amount to make sure it never gets near a football field ever again. 😅

What’s wrong with Appalachian Spring?  

8 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

The real question is at this point is where do they go??? 

When you have that many people leaving, it's because they weren't necessarily enjoying each others' company, in whole or in parts. Thinking back, the fact that they showed up in Detroit with an unfinished show and then, two weeks later, it still felt like a sophomore kid padding by talking circles during his oral book report, doesn't indicate that they were all on the same page way before the season started.

The staffers will all be fine in their new homes (or in their non drum corps pursuits), The Cavaliers likely have some names lined up (or people primed to make a name, since everyone well-known now once wasn't), and it's still just band on grass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Slingerland said:

When you have that many people leaving, it's because they weren't necessarily enjoying each others' company, in whole or in parts. Thinking back, the fact that they showed up in Detroit with an unfinished show and then, two weeks later, it still felt like a sophomore kid padding by talking circles during his oral book report, doesn't indicate that they were all on the same page way before the season started.

The staffers will all be fine in their new homes (or in their non drum corps pursuits), The Cavaliers likely have some names lined up (or people primed to make a name, since everyone well-known now once wasn't), and it's still just band on grass.

The show was complete headed into Detroit but the copyright clearance for the closer got pulled 3 days prior to Detroit. The closer had to be removed from the show and the team had to spend the next couple weeks developing a plan B closer. They also got hit with covid during that ordeal too. 

Edited by jameseuph
  • Sad 2