Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, jameseuph said:

The show was complete headed into Detroit but the copyright clearance for the closer got pulled 3 days prior to Detroit. The closer had to be removed from the show and the team had to spend the next couple weeks developing a plan B closer. They also got hit with covid during that ordeal too. 

Got pulled…or was never granted? Does anyone know? 

1 hour ago, jameseuph said:

The show was complete headed into Detroit but the copyright clearance for the closer got pulled 3 days prior to Detroit. The closer had to be removed from the show and the team had to spend the next couple weeks developing a plan B closer. They also got hit with covid during that ordeal too. 

If this is true that's on admin and I agree that it sounds like never granted vs pulled. Hopefully they have new people coming in that plan that more accordingly. 

13 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If this is true that's on admin and I agree that it sounds like never granted vs pulled. Hopefully they have new people coming in that plan that more accordingly. 

I believe I'm correct when I say .... Licensing is now handled by DCI for this very reason. 

Pointing fingers around here is getting dangerous.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, supersop said:

I believe I'm correct when I say .... Licensing is now handled by DCI for this very reason. 

If DCI operates the same as WGI licensing the group gets the license and sends to them. I've always had to get the rights from tresona or others on my own. We did a One Direction song 6 years ago when they were popular and it was a simple task that we did before we started writing music. Another year we did ABC and got Michael Jackson rights.  So I'm curious how they lost rights. 

41 minutes ago, supersop said:

The Cavaliers had a guy whose role was listed as Brass Caption Coordinator, Licensing Coordinator. Perhaps he was the licensing coordinator that just liaised with DCI, but I suspect not. 

https://www.scvanguard.org/santa-clara-vanguard-announces-new-corps-director/

SANTA CLARA VANGUARD ANNOUNCES NEW CORPS DIRECTOR

Out: RCA (was only corps director for one year and shes now working for the parent company VAMPA) 

In: Gio Bastante 

Edited by lifeisaround
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1